cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China seller finds new way to game the system

I ordered an electronic part from China, got a fast response and a tracking no. that actually worked. The item arrived in record time, but it wasn't what I ordered. It was a free "gift" from the seller - a useless piece of string with a tassel on the end. That's what the tracking no. was for. They included a note "Enjoy your FREE gift!" that said the item I order would be arriving too.

Now the item I ordered is marked 'Delivered, and I guess they look good for being so fast. 

The seller has a lot of negative feedback for slow delivery, among other things.

This is a new one on me, I've ordered plenty from China. Anyone else experienced this, or is it commonly known?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller is bad at gaming and only shooting themself in the foot.

Since that is the only tracking number you received, file a SNAD claim. When the actual item arrives (if, in fact, it ever does) you can keep it and at the same time punish the seller for doing this kind of thing.

They will find out real quick that a SNAD claim can be far worse than an INR claim and will think long and hard before offering a "free gift".

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Seller is bad at gaming and only shooting themself in the foot.

Since that is the only tracking number you received, file a SNAD claim. When the actual item arrives (if, in fact, it ever does) you can keep it and at the same time punish the seller for doing this kind of thing.

They will find out real quick that a SNAD claim can be far worse than an INR claim and will think long and hard before offering a "free gift".

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This is a new one to me!
Disgusting.
PLEASE! eBay, stop this practice NOW!

Something like this starts and then snowballs... and then many are doing it.
If your item does not arrive within the allowed time I would certainly give them a well-considered deserved feedback and file a SNAD. Don't let it time out!
Free gift my patootie!
(to all of the honorable Asian sellers out there, who have sent me many wonderful things in a very timely manner - this is NOT aimed at you)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

This happened to me (seller & buyer) when buying from China, and my son, who is also a seller & buyer, says it happened to him, too.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This is not new, it's been happening for a while. Simply go to the Resolution Center and pick I received an item that does not match the seller's description. Follow the directions to get a refund.

The seller will have three days to respond to the case. If they don't, ask eBay to step in. Do not let the case time out. If the seller wants the item returned they will have to pay the return shipping.

There is a link to the Resolution Center on the bottom of every page on eBay.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply