cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link my PayPal

Okay, so I went to "my eBay", then the "account" tab, then selected" PayPal Account".

I selected the button that says "Link my paypal account". It takes me to a page to login to paypal to link the accounts.

After I log in I get a message saying

"Youre almost done linking your accounts. You have successfully signed up for PayPal with a credit card" 

underneath this message is a button that says "return to ebay"

i click return to ebay but when i try to list my item I am still getting the error message that I do not have a paypal account linked.

Why in the world isit telling me i signed up for paypal with a credit card? I am trying to link accounts....i am following ebays instructions to a tee. i have even watched a youtube video and followed the instructions precisely!! i see other people have been having this problem since 2015.....all the suggested fixes (different browser, clear cache, have paypal and ebay open at the same time, etc) do not work. Can I just not use ebay now?

I do not want to mke a new paypal....this account is verified and has my ssn, bank account, credit cards, my email. it wont let me link half that stuff to another account, even if i close my current one! they say they will, but it doesnt work. ive been through that nightmare before.

there is always,,,,ALWAYS an issue with paypal in some way shape or form. unbelievable.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Unable to link my PayPal

Well, it looks like around 10 people have viewed this posting but nobody has a solution.  Man oh man,,, lame. Super lame. I think even making a new account wont help.... stupid. So I am just unable to use ebay I guess. cool.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Same problem.  trying to switch to a different paypal account and it won't work.  I can return to the original account but now my business policies for payments are messed up and I can not create or edit existing items.  It also removed 5-6 draft listings.

FML,

jim

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Had you ever used the paypal account with a different ebay account or vice versa? I had a similar issue with the postage payments only and it turned out an old paypal account was still linked. Fortunately I was able to log into the inactive account and disconnect it from the paypal end. Somewhere in business settings I think it was.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

We are having this problem now!! This is very disappointing. Anybody find a solution???????

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem.

Like the questioner, I took the 5 steps below, but I couldn't exhibit.
(1) I selected the button that says "Link my paypal account".
(2) It takes me to a page to login to paypal to link the accounts.
(3) After I log in I get a message saying
(4) “Youre almost done linking your accounts. You have successfully signed up for PayPal with a credit card”
(5) underneath this message is a button that says "return to ebay"

For about two weeks I asked the ebay and paypal customer centers about this issue. However, it did not lead to a solution.
It is said that my ebay account that has gone through step (5) is not linked to paypal.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

I have the same issue right now! I even created a new PAYPAL account! And look, it didnt even solve the problem. I'm really very dissapointed. There is no soltion. Already talked to PAYPAL support more then 10 times, nothing. Ebays support also doesn't solve the issue. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

same with me
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Hello, my husband and I had this same issue for hours yesterday evening to just now this morning. My husband finally broke down and called after I asked why don’t you just call eBay. So, he just called and the cs told him to go to the listing and uncheck require immediate payment under Buy It Now option under Payment options because it’s for high volume sellers and this was our first listing after trying this years ago. After unchecking it she asked us to try and post the listing again and like that it posted with NO problem. Hope this helps someone! ✌🏽 

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Thanks this actually helped after 7 hours trying.
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Thank you. I did what you said, but then I saw a message that there is another payment profile that is just the same. So, I clicked on that profile and it worked.  I already listed 2 new items for the last few minutes.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

I am unable to link to Paypal as well and I haven't found a solution yet.  The original post  was in 2018, so how is this still going on??

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Perhaps stop using multiple accounts to avoid paying  basic selling  fees and get a ebay store. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

Ah! Making an assumption people are just trying to get past selling fees. Classy. In my case I simply changed my email and had the same issue when trying to link with the new mail. It never even crossed my mind to do this to avoid selling fees.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Unable to link my PayPal

same issue...  Trash ebay

Message 15 of 20
latest reply