cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical issue

Since yesterday  morning the "click to enlarge" button in not working well. The enlarged images became smaller than they used to be. When you want to enlarge the item image to see its details the button simply does not work. Thanks in advance for any information or support. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Technical issue

Yep, I have the same problem. All of a sudden, all of my cover images are teeny, tiny. Ebay resized them to 500X500 pixels. I uploaded all of them at  1600X1600 pixels. The tiny images look ridiculous and unappealing on the desktop. What's even more ridiculous is that while the 1st image is tiny, but all the subsequent images are full size. It's quite jarring to scroll to the second image as there is a big jump in photo size. 

What's worse, if I end my listing, download the tiny image and resize it back to 1600X1600 (which makes the image grainy, btw) and then upload the newly resized image to my listing and send the listing live, the cover image once again gets miniaturized by eBay to 500XX500!  

Ebay has ruined the first image on every single one of my listings now. To get a truly clear image at the resolution that is decent (as opposed to resizing up which makes images look grainy), I would have to re-photograph everything.... though no point in that if eBay is going to miniaturize the cover shots as soon as I sent a listing live. WTH, eBay?  This not a good experience for buyers! 

I reached out to Customer Service and they couldn't  understand what I was talking about.  45 minutes wasted trying to explain it and then waiting while the agent tried in vain to research the problem. I suggested the agent put me on the line with their supervisor, to which the agent said the supervisor didn't have any more access to resources than he did. (They all work from the same scripts and uninformed knowledge base, in other words.)

Anyone else experience this? Any known resolution?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Technical issue

Same here, hard to buy or sell when you cannot see product or photo

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Technical issue

Same issue. I spent 15 minutes trying to explain the Ebay tech. what the issue was and he just couldn't seem to get it. Frustrating.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Technical issue

I let CS know and they cut this ticket: SR 1-462382568762

Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply