cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send an offer still results in "item doesn't ship to you"

This was relayed from a buyer.........note that this was reported a wk or so ago........sure not helping our sales..............

velvet@ebay 

Screenshot (177).png

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

My buyer got this

error message.JPG

when trying to accept my offer. He said he got the same thing yesterday with another seller.

This buyer reached out instead of giving up, but one has to wonder how many potential buyers are just walking away.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Just amazing! This has been reported for weeks.

I am going to put in the offer for the buyer to contact me through the "item" If they see this.

I still dont believe that it has gone on this long and hasnt been fixed!

Unbelievable!  

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

This was relayed from a buyer.........note that this was reported a wk or so ago........sure not helping our sales..............

velvet@ebay 

Screenshot (177).png

I'm sorry to hear this is still an issue. I've filed a ticket and will be in touch if they ask for any additional info. Thanks @dhbookds!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Just an observation..........since sellers have no idea this is happening......and buyers may just accept the "item doesn't ship to you"........there may not be alot of complaints about this....... May I suggest you/someone set up a test........i.e. put an item on a watchlist and let a seller send you an offer to confirm what's happening?

This listing of mine.....has no watchers....but  if you put it on your watch list: I will send one........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124904430728

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Just an observation..........since sellers have no idea this is happening......and buyers may just accept the "item doesn't ship to you"........there may not be alot of complaints about this....... May I suggest you/someone set up a test........i.e. put an item on a watchlist and let a seller send you an offer to confirm what's happening?

This listing of mine.....has no watchers....but  if you put it on your watch list: I will send one........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124904430728

Thanks @dhbookds! I've passed this suggestion and your offer on. I'll let you know if they come back with a test account to have you send an offer to. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

thanks Velvet..........this is no small problem for those of us who want to send offers......but don't want to "waste" them, if they are accompanied by this erroneous message.........we can only send them once to a watcher. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Screenshot (177).png

I'm sorry to hear this is still an issue. I've filed a ticket and will be in touch if they ask for any additional info. Thanks @dhbookds!

velvet@ebay  - just FYI, there have been reports of this error here in the community going back to at least April 2020, so this isn't a new bug by any means.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Item-does-not-ship-to-you/td-p/30818316

It seems to be intermittent and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to when/why it happens.

If I had to take a random stab in the dark guess - maybe there is a bug or server error somewhere within the Offers flow that intermittently "breaks" the communication or returns a null result for the seller's shipping location settings and the display just defaults to "doesn't ship to your location" as a sort of failsafe if it can't see the data to display the correct info?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@dhbookds wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Screenshot (177).png

velvet@ebay  - just FYI, there have been reports of this error here in the community going back to at least April 2020, so this isn't a new bug by any means.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Item-does-not-ship-to-you/td-p/30818316

It seems to be intermittent and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of rhyme or reason to when/why it happens.

If I had to take a random stab in the dark guess - maybe there is a bug or server error somewhere within the Offers flow that intermittently "breaks" the communication or returns a null result for the seller's shipping location settings and the display just defaults to "doesn't ship to your location" as a sort of failsafe if it can't see the data to display the correct info?

I've been adding these to an older ticket @valueaddedresource and they said things had been resolved. So, I started a new ticket and referenced that one when @dhbookds came back saying it's still an issue. I've passed this additional info on though, as there's no such thing as too much info, too many suggestions, etc. Thank you! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I saw the same thing on a recent offer I accepted.

I just ignored it and kept clicking continue and was able to complete the purchase with no problems. So, whatever the error is, it's not preventing purchases.

But... I can easily see how other buyers might see that and decide to just click away. 

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

thanks Velvet..........this is no small problem for those of us who want to send offers......but don't want to "waste" them, if they are accompanied by this erroneous message.........we can only send them once to a watcher. 

Thank you @dhbookds! I've heard back and they provided me with a test account to have you send the offer to. I'll be reaching out to you shortly.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

I do see a watcher on the item..........if that's YOU, lol............I'll send an offer.........

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

eBay should NOT send false, inaccurate error messages, PERIOD.  They should never send an error message that says a seller "does not ship to your address" when the seller does ship to your address.  Surely they can come up with an accurate error message!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi all,

I just heard about this couple of days ago.

Is this still happening?

Is it also happening with international buyers/sellers.

I currently have no idea if i am affected by this as well.

I have not yet received messages from buyers about this but result from my offers to watcher are extremely low anyway.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply