cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCAN forms

devon@ebay 

A number of members have had trouble generating SCAN forms.

There is this thread - 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Scan-Form-Not-Generating-error-message-repeatedly/m-p/3289829...

And this one - 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping/Scan-Form-Not-Generating-error-message-repeatedly/m-p/3289829...

Can you help elevate the issue?  Thanks!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

SCAN forms

I'm in the same boat, I tried for 4 days and gave up.  Very frustrating.  Don't offer a feature unless it works. 

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

@wooden_flower wrote:

devon@ebay 

A number of members have had trouble generating SCAN forms.

There is this thread - 

And this one - 

Can you help elevate the issue?  Thanks!

Hey @wooden_flower! I looked into this and it appears that there is a open ticket to have this issue fixed. If there are any sellers that are unable to generate and print a SCAN forms and are receiving error bulk label printing error they can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are experiencing ALERT 14365. This will have their account added to the ticket. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

Any updates to this?  Seems crazy that this hasn't been fixed yet.  I had no answers for my mail carrier when she had to stand at her truck and individually scan 30 packages yesterday.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

Still same here too. My last shipping day (five days ago, Feb 4) was the first time I got the error and reported it. Just happened again today - also reported. What is the resolution for sellers if carriers (USPS for me) don't scan the packages on time?

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

devon@ebay 

Is there any ETA for a fix yet?  This is over 2 weeks for an issue that impacts how sellers are measured.

I am going to start using pirateship.com for my labels.  Perhaps we should be recommending this to other sellers as well.

thanks!

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

@wooden_flower wrote:

devon@ebay 

Is there any ETA for a fix yet?  This is over 2 weeks for an issue that impacts how sellers are measured.

I am going to start using pirateship.com for my labels.  Perhaps we should be recommending this to other sellers as well.

thanks!

Hey @wooden_flower! I just looked to see the status of the ticket and it looks like it is still open and in the pipeline to be fixed. Once there are more updates to share I will be sure to have the Tech Board updated to reflect that.  

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

Same trouble here.  I've not been able to print a Scan Form in over a week!!!  

Tried again today and NO go!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

It's an issue after 8 or 9pm for me on the east coast. Once it gets past that time, its all errors. I ship out 30-50 packages a week. Seriously, eBay is a host service where we do all the auction building, listing, shipping and leg work and eBay sits back raking in 14%. Where are my fees going towards? Cost of servers dropped like a rock, in 25 years. It just doesn't make sense that this issue wasn't resolved in 48 hours or less. If it wasn't for the antique and collectible categories, Amazon would have put eBay out of business long ago...but it is only a matter of time.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

At least I know it is not just me. I am going on a month now. 40 packages A DAY here that have to be scanned individually at the post office. I don't have enough time in my day to spend half of it waiting in line at the post office. The postal workers are NOT happy and I don't know how much longer they will accommodate me. Bringing them treats is no longer working.....

Ebay has added me to the ticket, but I am starting to wonder if they are working on this issue at all!!

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

any idea when this problem will be rectified?

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

OMG now we can't even purchase labels! Same error message. eBay, this is ridiculous. 

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

So it's been 20 days since this thread was started and we were told there was an open ticket on this issue.  It's been a week since we were told it is in the pipeline to be fixed.   Today I get the "error retrieving scan form" message.  This should be on the list of ongoing technical issues.  How long does this have to go on before it's considered "ongoing"?  Or maybe you only fixed it for the people that reported it.  Anybody new that gets the error has to report it to get fixed?  Everybody should be able to print a scan form or don't pretend it's a service you offer.   Do you know that people that have USPS rural carriers can only have 5 packages scanned each day?  So if we can't print a scan form then we have to run to the post office every day.  That's ridiculous.  

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

Wow!  

FINALLY able to generate a scan form today....knock wood....via a new format here.

Such a relief!

This has been horrible for me....seeing as my local USPS pickup carriers are unpredictable when scanning in packages at pickup.  

I shouldn't have to be worrying about these things....all day long...wondering if I'm going to be getting bad feedback, due to no fault of my own.

Hope y'all with trouble can print yours too!

Let's hope this fix if permanent.  

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

SCAN forms

After sporadic results through the Christmas holiday, this started working again. Then, as of last week, this is consistently failing again.  What the heck is wrong with this app, and why is it so hard for you Ebay dev guys to figure out why this has a terrible performance record???   Please fix it!!!!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply