cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with using "Add combination" within the "Variation combinations" page.

Put simply, it doesn't work anymore.

I click it, and all that happens is the box around the variations jumps up a line closer to where the button is.

Tried this in two different browsers, same deal.  I normally use Firefox, but tried Edge as well too. Both react the same way.  It was working fine yesterday.

If I delete all the entries, cannot re-add.

But it will auto-fill the entries if I let it by changing the Attributes.  Which I don't want to do.

Listing in question:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185371955069

I like having this feature, as I have multiple brands of these to list eventually.  Just want to be sure its not something I'm doing wrong, or should do differently or something just wrong with it and not me.  As I said, it was working just fine, but now I can't add any combinations at all.

I tested my other variation listings and have the same results.

I may try a draft one and see if I can from a fresh start.  Will update if that works, but something is bugged out here.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Same problem here. No luck trying listing from scratch or multiple browers. 

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

Same for me. Wanted to add 2 new variations. I was able to create the new attributes, but when I try to add combination nothing happens. Tried two different listings.

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

I can confirm the same error. Using Safari on Mac.

I will test it again tomorrow to make sure it's not a Thursday night site maintenance temporary issue.

variationerror.png

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 4 of 67
latest reply

Yeah, I'm hoping its a short-lived problem.  hahaha

But thankful its not just me seeing it.  I have tried it a few times this evening, no matter what, won't work right now.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

This issue persists. There's another thread about it here.

Can you check if there's a tech ticket open on this one velvet@ebay?

• Edit listing > Edit Variations > Edit Attributes
  • Add Attribute > Update Variations
  • Pop up appears to update attributes automatically or "I'll do it myself"
  • Select "I'll do it myself"
  • Takes you back to Edit Variations page
  • Click Add Combination button (screenshot in post above)

Result: Nothing happens

Problem started yesterday.

GLORIOUS!

March shipping tip: Size matters. Enter accurate package dimensions on the listing form and the shipping label.
Message 6 of 67
latest reply

Weird part about it that the automatic method DOES add variations, unfortunately it adds every single kind of combination of your attributes.  Ugh.

The only way that helps, is you have to delete all the variations you don't need or want, then update the quantity and price of those you do, but if you have several variations, that will take a ridiculous amount of time to deal with.  IF that part even works correctly.  Since its bugged, not sure if it will.  I certainly haven't tried this yet.

This tool needs to be updated and refined anyway, but as it is now, its useless and variation listings are at a standstill till its fixed.

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

It's happening to me as well...same as the other posters...tried Firefox & Edge.

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

Alright, this problem needs to be addressed ASAP.  As it is now, you cannot update or change or create variation listings!  What are we up to now, 3 or 4 days with this issue?

This is a big problem.  Not like the multitude of other bugs the site has, but a listing breaker.

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

I formally reported it through eBay CS so they could create a tech ticket. Hopefully velvet@ebay will be able to update the pinned post on this board with the reference number other sellers can use to get added to the ticket.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

I had also called in and explained the issue to the rep that I spoke with.  They were going to create a ticket and get it sent in as well.  Lets hope it gets addressed.  I referred them to these threads.

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

Yep, the same issue here and I have to agree that this is a HUGE issue. We sell seasonal sporting goods (Disc Golf) and I am now sitting on literally thousands of pieces of merchandise that I can't post. Have been calling in daily to only hear that they know about it and sometimes it takes a couple of days to get to it. Wish that they understood what not being able to add merchandise that we have already paid for means to the businesses that they benefit from....

Please, can an ebay rep acknowledge this and let us know what is going on!!

Message 12 of 67
latest reply

Same here. Also sitting on a ton of stock like HyzerFarm. So much money being lost!

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

Hi everyone, 

I am having the same issue and I have talked with the Ebay regarding this and they have informed me it will take 24-48 hours to fix it as it looks like a technical glitch. I am unable to update my listings or add any variation into my listings. Let's see when they will fix it. 

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

Telling you a tech issue will be fixed in 24-48 hours is a standard line CS throws out to get you off the phone. Don't count on that timeframe @threadandthreads.

GLORIOUS!

Message 15 of 67
latest reply