cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal disappeared ?

Hi,

i tried to buy a few things today and i cannot the paypal option anywhere ? Can you help me with the issue ?

thanks

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Paypal disappeared ?

I'm wondering the same thing!!! They only option is Google pay or uploading a debit/credit card which I'm not going to do here. 

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

neither do i, i am always using PP and won't change, really curious and boring issue,  wonder what is wrong...

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

There has been no announcement of any change in the payment processors accepted.

velvet@ebay 

I looked at my own listings and there is no Paypal option.

When I checked one of my dotCA listings (I am a non-US seller and list on various sites including my home, Canada) not only was PP missing on both dotCA and dotCOM, but the Canadian site showed that payment could be made by Discover card, which is not accepted in Canada.

Looks like a nasty glitch.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Je suis aux USA et PP a totalement disparu, il n'y a en effet que les cartes de type Mastercard discover etcetera, it looks like a big bug indeed...

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Although I am able to sign in to PayPal and check my account, it appears that there are problems with PayPal's site at the moment.

eburtonlab_1-1650417859846.png

https://downdetector.com/status/paypal/

And here is what eBay's checkout looks like for me:

eburtonlab_0-1650417826096.png

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

looks the same for me, a major glitch indeed...

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

It is not a problem with PayPal it is a problem with eBay.  Most of the twitter posts suggest as much. The down detector post suggest a papal problem but it may just be ebay users who interpret the ebay checkout issue as a paypal problem. 

I my case ebay is not giving me any payment option. Checkout just takes me to a page to pay with a debit or credit card.  I am not even seeing the screenshot posted immediately above. I go to my cart and once I cleck Checkout I get the screen below

Screenshot_20220419_210052.png

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Looks like we're all in the same boat! same problem!

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Why would a Paypal outage cause Ebay listings to be revised and the PP icon removed?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Further digging took me to the paypal service page which showed service disruptions for  Online Checkout, Payments Standard, and Express Checkout. So it is really a paypal problem. This is the first one I can remember in 15 years.

Screenshot_20220419_211236.png

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Paypal does not control what appears on any listing on Ebay.  The icon is no longer on my listing on the main page or the shipping page.

I did a little surfing on the site.  I did not see the icon on any listings in the US.  I certainly didn't look at but a few, but this is nothing that PP controls.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

@mam98031 wrote:

Paypal does not control what appears on any listing on Ebay.  The icon is no longer on my listing on the main page or the shipping page.

I did a little surfing on the site.  I did not see the icon on any listings in the US.  I certainly didn't look at but a few, but this is nothing that PP controls.

Don't disagree but if PayPal is unable to process transactions at the moment it would make sense for eBay to remove the logo until they get the issue fixed.

I find it hard to believe that eBay would permanently remove PayPal as an option without any type of advance notice.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

Paypal does not control what appears on any listing on Ebay. The icon is no longer on my listing on the main page or the shipping page.

True, but it is possible that eBay's checkout page has some dynamic features.

I notice when the checkout page first loads, I see options for credit cards stored on eBay appear instantly, but the option for Google checkout appears after a brief delay. Perhaps there is some checking to make sure a payment system is actually available before it is presented at checkout as a possible option.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Paypal disappeared ?

It isn't just the checkout page as I noted in my previous post.  It is no longer an option for payment on any of my listings nor is it an option on other sellers I looked at in a quick search.  

IDK why they would go so far as to change all listings on Ebay to drop PP if it is just a temporary outage on PP.  Seems a bit extreme to me, but that is merely my opinion.

Message 15 of 29
latest reply