cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No return option on new listing and says I don't ship to Finland

I list in car truck parts/accessories. I am still having the problem of not being able to pick return options. It defaults to no returns. I also used global shipping. It now puts in red letters that I don't ship to Finland.  This is what shows on my listing:

Shipping:
May not ship to Denmark - Read item description or contact seller for shipping options. | See details

I do ship to Finland.  Is there a work around or is this being addressed?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@vintageparts 

We have the same problem and I have posted about it. I am posting on your thread to hopefully get a bump on this...

This is a giant catch-22 if you're trying to edit an existing listing. If you change categories, the returns options appear. BUT... all the Item Specifics you had previously entered are reset to blank/zilch/nada. So you have to copy them before changing categories then paste them back in. THIS INCLUDES the Compatibility List. As you know, it is very time-consuming re-creating that. So, neither option (change categories or go without returns) is a good one for editing listings. 

If you are creating a listing from scratch, you just have to use trial and error to see which categories allow the Compatibility List option AND the Returns options. Once you find one that works, go with it. If you're like me, however, the new categories don't seem to represent my part accurately in a lot of cases, so I feel like I have to pick the generic "Other Interior Parts", for instance. But then I can't indicate returns options. (And I believe Compatibility List is not an option in those catch-all categories either.) Crazy!

I sure hope this is just a bug they plan on addressing and not the way it's going to be going forward. (As a penalty for not picking one of their 'specific' new categories.) But, if it is a bug, it's been biting us sellers for far too many days now. This is past the point of being ridiculous. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I don't know why this issue isn't getting any traction. You would think eBay would want to correct an error like this. After-all, they stress the importance of accepting returns by dinging you in the metrics if you don't. We need to keep updating our posts so they know it's still going on!

Maybe it is just limited to eBay Motors? Or certain categories within eBay Motors? I can't make sense of it.

It has now been NINE days since the specifics/categories update. Why isn't this being addressed eBay? I can't sell products if they're sitting there with quantity '0' because changing the quantity to '1' deletes ALL return options. And changing the category to a different one that has return options doesn't always make sense. (Even if I could justify all the extra time spent doing so, since a category change deletes all Item Specifics, requiring re-entry. Sometimes including the Compatibility List, which is a real pain to re-create.)

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Bad math. It had actually been 10 days yesterday....

Today makes it 11 days this bug has been biting us. Please fix this asap eBay!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have the same problem. Global shipping doesn’t show for buyers. Buyer contacted me about that. Ebay doesn’t display estimates for buyers after the update 10.15

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Day 14... Any progress eBay?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply