cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing tool doesn't have an option for Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box

devon@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

The new listing experience is lacking the ability to select USPS small flat rate box as a shipping option. All other flat rates are available from flat rate envelope to large flat rate box.....but no small flat rate box. I posted in the tech support section because I assume this is a technical problem or an oversight.

Also not an error but we still have no ability to ship Priority Mail Express padded Flat rate envelopes through ebay. Ebay only supports the flats intended for documents (usps doesn't like those stuffed).

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New listing tool doesn't have an option for Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box

devon@ebay 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the shipping team and sharing their reply.

I have no pre set dimensions or weights. The options for priority mail envelope and medium box are available. If it was a size or dimension issue you would think the latter or former wouldn't be available.

The posted question led me to do some tests and I have found out exactly what the problem is. It appears that someone forgot to add this as a flat rate shipping option like they did with the other flat rates. By default there is an estimated package size based on "listings like mine" and it appears that if I don't include a package size/weight then I don't get the small flat rate box option. Maybe you can let them know it is a coding issue. You don't need an estimated package size to ship flat rate because "if it fits it ships" so the estimate is inaccurate and probably this is confusing the entire community. The estimated 7x4x4 8oz default package size shouldn't prevent the option from showing up. However, the small flat rate box does appear to show up if a package size is manually entered.

Also they should update the customer service teams. Some employee set 100K rules in my business policies for every listing I have ever listed and then he randomly signed off leaving me to figure it out myself. Luckily I know how to turn off business policies.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: New listing tool doesn't have an option for Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box

@coinslabz26 wrote:

devon@ebay 

velvet@ebay 

The new listing experience is lacking the ability to select USPS small flat rate box as a shipping option. All other flat rates are available from flat rate envelope to large flat rate box.....but no small flat rate box. I posted in the tech support section because I assume this is a technical problem or an oversight.

Also not an error but we still have no ability to ship Priority Mail Express padded Flat rate envelopes through ebay. Ebay only supports the flats intended for documents (usps doesn't like those stuffed).

Hey @coinslabz26! I will get this over to our Shipping Team and if they need more information or have an update to this I will be sure to let you know! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I was chatting with an eBay representative about this issue about 3 months ago. Obviously nothing happened, but you can bypass the "glitch" by after picking one of your templates, leave everything blank and go first to SHIPPING.  Miraculously the "Add services" window will offer the USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@coinslabz26 I was able to hear back from the Shipping Team and they want to confirm for the item you are listing that the package dimensions are within the maximum for USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Small Box of 8.6875"x 5.4375"x 1.75". 

Devon,
eBay
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I've seen 2 other reports of this problem just today and 1 yesterday. I will ask about the dimensions, but I kind of doubt that many sellers are doing it wrong. In any case, dimensions really that should not matter if a seller is picking a flat rate box. 

small flat rate box - The eBay Community

devon@ebay 

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

devon@ebay 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the shipping team and sharing their reply.

I have no pre set dimensions or weights. The options for priority mail envelope and medium box are available. If it was a size or dimension issue you would think the latter or former wouldn't be available.

The posted question led me to do some tests and I have found out exactly what the problem is. It appears that someone forgot to add this as a flat rate shipping option like they did with the other flat rates. By default there is an estimated package size based on "listings like mine" and it appears that if I don't include a package size/weight then I don't get the small flat rate box option. Maybe you can let them know it is a coding issue. You don't need an estimated package size to ship flat rate because "if it fits it ships" so the estimate is inaccurate and probably this is confusing the entire community. The estimated 7x4x4 8oz default package size shouldn't prevent the option from showing up. However, the small flat rate box does appear to show up if a package size is manually entered.

Also they should update the customer service teams. Some employee set 100K rules in my business policies for every listing I have ever listed and then he randomly signed off leaving me to figure it out myself. Luckily I know how to turn off business policies.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Hey @coinslabz26! Thank you for this updated information. I will be sure to share this with the Shipping Team and once I get another update I will share it with you! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply