cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New listing - no option for return policy

When listing a new item in Car & Truck Parts Access, there is no option for stating return policy. It defaults to no returns and will not let you edit it to anything else.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Appears to be working properly now.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Not just you -- I had same problem today -- it is not all categories but for me, it was every category I wanted to list in for ebay motors.  Chatted with ebay (painful experience at best!) and finally after not getting the issue at all and wanting me to send her screen shots of everything (like I am tech support, not them) she finally told me that "they were aware and are working on it"   Didn't leave me with much of a "warm-fuzzy" feeling on when they would fix it but they obviously broke it during their "upgrading" so hoping they fix it soon since my new listings now say no returns. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

the_flying_wolf
Adventurer

Hello,

I wanted to reply to say I’ve experienced a similar issue. I’m a regular seller of car parts on eBay, and “eBay Motors” > “Parts and Accessories” is one of the five categories that eBay has recategorized on October 12th or 13th. Apparently, some description/technical fields are added that will be required for listings beginning in February.

Anyways, I had an already live listing (created 10/6) automatically go from my standard 30-day return policy to “no returns” without my permission, consent, or knowledge. I only happened to notice it because I was dropping the price a few dollars due to there being 3 watchers.

If it matters at all, it’s a center console lid. My other listings weren’t affected and still continued through the update with the original return policy intact. I list and sell a variety of parts, probably 80% interior, and the rest things like tail lights, emblems, and grills. So I suppose it may only affect the restructured parts categories.

I’ve tried everything. On both mobile and desktop, when I attempt to change it to returns accepted 30 days (my typical), it goes back to “no returns”. I tried creating a new return policy, and I tried starting the listing over from scratch by copying/pasting after both “relist” and “sell similar” didn’t work. So it definitely seems to be a bug/glitch that’s affecting some or all of the restructured sub-categories.

Like I said, all my other parts listings that were already live, are fine.

One other weird thing that happened is that my four sun visor listings were automatically switched to “sun and privacy shades”, which I believe is a new category from the update that isn’t really relevant to what I sell and not searched by people looking for my visors. So I manually switched them back over to “sun visors”. They usually sell well, and I price them competitively, but I noticed that the views over the previous few days were far below normal and there weren’t any offers and purchases, which is very unusual for me.

Anyways, I hope my anecdote helps somehow. This isn’t my selling account, but I’ll check back here regularly for updates. Please keep me posted.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hello, im having the same exact issue, it won't let me change my return policy no matter which avenue I take. I notice this from the "listing recommendations" that Ebay shows, each day more and more are added to it, and I can't find a way to fix the issue. I have called in multiple times about it and they say it is a known issue. did you have any luck finding out how to solve the issue?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@greatvintagetoyz wrote:

Not just you -- I had same problem today -- it is not all categories but for me, it was every category I wanted to list in for ebay motors.  Chatted with ebay (painful experience at best!) and finally after not getting the issue at all and wanting me to send her screen shots of everything (like I am tech support, not them) she finally told me that "they were aware and are working on it"   Didn't leave me with much of a "warm-fuzzy" feeling on when they would fix it but they obviously broke it during their "upgrading" so hoping they fix it soon since my new listings now say no returns. 

It sounds to me @greatvintagetoyz that when a phone rep realizes they have no answer or solution for a caller they flip to the "Disengage with caller page" and hit you with the old "they are aware of the issue and are working on it."  That way they get you off the phone ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Still happening to me and I have not found a work around. Also now shows in big letters that I don't ship to Finland...but I use global shipping. Obviously they still have a lot of bugs to fix

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Same issue here too.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Same issue. Is there anyone knowing how to solve it?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Anyone having any luck yet ?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Work around is change Category (or wait for fix, if it ever comes)

Motors-Parts/Accessories- Engines works

Motors-Parts/Accessories-Engines-Other Parts does NOT (has no 'return' option as noted)

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Appears to be working properly now.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

+1 to the most recent reply, as I'm also happy to say that the bugs and glitches are gone for me!

Was able to get a center console lid listed in its appropriate category with a working return policy embedded into the listing. And also able to get return policies activated on some headrests (which is also one of the newly created sub-categories from the update).

Cheers to more good successful auto parts selling everyone!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Same!

I guess you found out sooner than me, since I didn't notice until yesterday hahaha. Thanks for helping out with your update!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply