cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging is down?

I was in my messages, when all of a sudden I get a 500 error. Everything else seems to be working. What’s up?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Messaging is down?

I am getting same thing 😞    I had to use phone app to access my messages.  

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

Same problem, messages not loading. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

I haven't tried to send a message but I can access my message, but when I did I got this message so maybe it has something to do with the update:

Screenshot_20230111_195115.jpg

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

https://downdetector.com/status/ebay/

Seems like other people are having some problems right now on the site

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

@warpig.2010 wrote:

I was in my messages, when all of a sudden I get a 500 error. Everything else seems to be working. What’s up?

It appears that someone at eBay has either botched a software upgrade or is in the middle of applying one. In the meantime, you can read and reply to messages via the copy that gets sent to your off-eBay email address, the one associated with your eBay account. You can read the message there, and the Reply button will work as well.

One other note: when you send your reply to that message, you will get another error message from eBay, but that one is a false alarm; your message will go through. (Copy yourself on your outbound messages to verify that.)

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

@warpig.2010   my messages come up on my Chromebook but not on my MAC desktop Safari, everything else OK

devon@ebay   ?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

@stuff4divas wrote:

@warpig.2010   my messages come up on my Chromebook but not on my MAC desktop Safari, everything else OK

devon@ebay   ?

Hey @stuff4divas! There is is know site issue right now for members having issues with messaging. There is an open ticket to have this resolved and if there is anyone that is running into this they can reach out to customer support here and let them know that they are running into ALERT 14399.

Devon,
eBay
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

Today is my 2nd day of not being able to access messages. This is where I go to reply to offers from buyers, so it's important to get it back up soon.  Yes, there are other ways of getting to the offers, but I don't like using them. And answering from my email program still leaves the messages marked as unanswered in eBay messages, so it's hard to tell how many actual messages I have to address. 

PS. Messages received in eBay DO NOT always go to email. So that's another problem with having messages down.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

Same here. I could access my messages yesterday, but this morning I'm getting the error page.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

You can reply to messages through Ebay.ca

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Messaging is down?

devon@ebay   thank u devon, mine is now working! WooHoo!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply