cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Feedback option is automatically leaving feedback for things I BOUGHT

Just as the title says. I'm a seller, and had my automatic feedback options set to leave feedback for buyers as soon as they leave me positive feedback. However, after checking my purchase history, I noticed feedback was being left for SELLERS - people I'd bought from, as soon as they'd left me positive feedback (usually right after purchase). I had to disable automatic feedback entirely.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Automatic Feedback option is automatically leaving feedback for things I BOUGHT

Just checked.  Mine is doing it as well.  I have mine set to leave feedback after receiving positive feedback from buyers and it has left the same feedback for my last two purchases for those sellers. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Automatic Feedback option is automatically leaving feedback for things I BOUGHT

They always have time for disruptive changes bet never have time to make things just work as they should. For a technology company they are really bad at technology

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yup, this, 10000%. Either the whole website is a bunch of spaghetti code that's extremely hard to change and fix, or eBay just doesn't care about fixing issues. Quite likely both.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I sometimes get positive feedback from the buyer the day I mailed something out. Go figure.

It works for me.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@thekulamoa   I leave FB for Buyers while the label it printing out, then its done and I don't have to worry about it or the Buyer's FB (if they leave any).  I don't send reminders or put notes in packages ... if Buyers leave it great, if not great ...its their choice.

I don't play the FB game and wait for Buyers to make the first FB move ... sadly, other then eBay Branded Supplies all the Sellers I have purchased from have either waited to leave FB for me after I leave it for them or not at all ...

As a Buyer I leave FB for Sellers right after opening and inspecting the item(s) ... if there are issues (which is rare) I message them to work things out.  Once things are resolved I leave Positive FB ...

Everyone can handle FB they way they prefer ...

Regards,

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hey velvet@ebay, can you please check if a tech ticket is open on this one? Automatic FB settings for sellers is erroneously leaving their stored FB comments on not just sales, but purchases, as well.

thekulamoa and rockmafia5 both confirmed the issue and I can see on OP's FB profile that comments from their stored FB like 'great buyer' has been left for sellers on purchases they made.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Everyone can handle FB they way they prefer ...

Yes, but that's not the issue here. This is an error on eBay's part. There's no way I want to leave a seller positive feedback until I actually get the item (not to mention the fact that the auto feedback left is stuff like 'excellent buyer'!).

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Same here LOL

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey velvet@ebay, can you please check if a tech ticket is open on this one? Automatic FB settings for sellers is erroneously leaving their stored FB comments on not just sales, but purchases, as well.

thekulamoa and rockmafia5 both confirmed the issue and I can see on OP's FB profile that comments from their stored FB like 'great buyer' has been left for sellers on purchases they made.

Hey @wastingtime101! Thanks for the tag. I did find an open ticket and I've added the necessary info to the tech post here

Velvet,
eBay
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed? I'd like to change my settings back to leave automatic feedback, but I don't want to if the same issue is present.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply