cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages being moved are read only?

I noticed that a certain moderator has moved multiple messages to various boards, with the notation that they are being moved "to the correct board".... thats great and fine, except they are all now "read only", at least for me. Cannot reply or comment at all. Is that what everyone else is seeing, and is this the desired status for these messages? May as well just delete them if they cannot be answered.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@varebelrose wrote:

I noticed that a certain moderator has moved multiple messages to various boards, with the notation that they are being moved "to the correct board".... thats great and fine, except they are all now "read only", at least for me. Cannot reply or comment at all. Is that what everyone else is seeing, and is this the desired status for these messages? May as well just delete them if they cannot be answered.

Are they read only when you get to the new board on the link?

Usually when you click through to the new board location you can post in them.

Strange indeed. 

Unless they go to the "mentor board" then we can't post.. 

Which one is it @varebelrose ?

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@varebelrose wrote:

I noticed that a certain moderator has moved multiple messages to various boards, with the notation that they are being moved "to the correct board".... thats great and fine, except they are all now "read only", at least for me. 

Try checking the redirected thread (in its new location) again after a few minutes. The thread is locked against additional replies while it's being moved, but should be unlocked once it's planted in its new location and the temporary redirect notice in the old location (which is locked as well) has been posted. I know one such thread of this morning in which I posted before it got moved is still open for replies in its new location. (I am a moderator on another site, and we have to move threads in this manner on a regular basis.)

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I figured it out, the message I am seeing is just an informational message that one was moved. I had not noticed that in the past!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@varebelrose wrote:

I figured it out, the message I am seeing is just an informational message that one was moved. I had not noticed that in the past!

Ok good..

It is confusing as the topic on this board is locked and labeled as "read only" until you click through the link to the new board, to which it's been moved..

Glad you worked it. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply