cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I completely delete my eBay Community account?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@kstech*biz please email askcommunity@ebay.com and they'll take care of closing your account for you.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Don't think you can it is connected to your eBay account and uses the same password. Don't open and read it is your best bet. 

Or are you trying to close your whole eBay account? 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Well guess maybe they can. The profile does not show  if they are on or off the community platform, but their post and information are still there and not locked, for now. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I suspect @kstech*biz wants to delete his/her ebay account, not just community. 

I'm not sure that's possible for 180 days after having sold items.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Normally when you click on someone's name here, it will show a red dot if they are offline or a green dot if they are online/logged into eBay. But when I clicked on albertabrightalberta's name, it did not show anything re the dot either. So don't know, but I think the assumption might be correct about deleting their account after reading their other post. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@redmodelt wrote:

Normally when you click on someone's name here, it will show a red dot if they are offline or a green dot if they are online/logged into eBay. But when I clicked on albertabrightalberta's name, it did not show anything re the dot either. So don't know, but I think the assumption might be correct about deleting their account after reading their other post. 

@redmodelt wrote:

@redmodelt 

Having your Community profile show whether you are offline or online is an option you can choose in your Community settings:

• My settings
  • Preferences
  • Privacy
  • "Show online status to"

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, didn't know that. Not something I or others might even have considered setting up. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It's a great way to put off those cyber-stalkers who post "You seem to be online all the time. Are you an eBay employee?" Or whatever other lame insult they can come up with based on viewing that online status.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

LOL, yes I have seen those kind of posts. We know we're not eBay employees. Some people need to adjust their tinfoil hats. 🙂

Message 10 of 10
latest reply