cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we get a KNOWLEDGE BASE article on Offsite buying and selling ???

alan@ebay 

Can we get a Knowledge Base article/posting concerning Offsite buying and selling?

Something members can read and understand what ebay considers Offsite buying and selling.

An ebay appropriate reply a seller can respond with.

An ebay appropriate reply a buyer can respond to.

And IF possible a direct report this message link in any messages sent through the ebay message system.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tev4all wrote:

alan@ebay 

Can we get a Knowledge Base article/posting concerning Offsite buying and selling?

Something members can read and understand what ebay considers Offsite buying and selling.

An ebay appropriate reply a seller can respond with.

An ebay appropriate reply a buyer can respond to.

And IF possible a direct report this message link in any messages sent through the ebay message system.

Thanks.

Hi @tev4all, this is a great suggestion! I am going to take this into consideration for future content and will keep you posted slight_smile

Edit: I wanted to add that we do generally create content based on the most commonly asked questions in our Community. This is determined in part by the terms used in our search engine and the most viewed questions within our Q&A boards. Suggestions are always appreciated and we are happy to pass along feedback to our content teams when existing resources could more fully address a topic!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Maybe you could make something along the lines of this help page, @Anonymous?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

Just a suggestion.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This is a great suggestion because recently when the policy regarding contact info in messages and off ebay transactions was related, the response was, that they did not care what CS or the Blues said, until there was a policy page that they could see, they would not accept it and they would just delete the message from the buyer.

This was contrary to the advice that the response should be, I only sell and communicate on Ebay, so that Ebay could see your responses and know exactly what your position was/is.

So the response of, I will just keep deleting the messages actually put that poster in jeopardy.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply