cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we all done cleaning up now???

It seems like there's still things that could/should be done....

1.  I notice that the Popular discussion thingy on this board are "fairly" recent, while the same this over on the Soapbox is still suggesting discussions from 2015.

2. Way back when the board was fixed so emoticons could be put on the same line.Smiley LOL

It was requested that that be allowed for ALL images.  Apparently this "upgrade" automatically inserts a "carriage return" after every image.  As it is, no matter what you do, adding your own smiley comes out like this:  http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/karencarlton/1%20Tiny%20Smiles/bas_wink0001.png

Or even two images can not be displayed side by side for comparisonheart.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/karencarlton/1a%20temp/000_1868.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/karencarlton/1a%20temp/000_1867.jpg

3.  For a lot of complaining that was done about things taking up too much space on the old version, there is a horrible amount of wasted white space ....  This double spacing of type, the huge space between the edit notice at the top of the page, and so on....  (and I don't mean it should be filled up with adversiting):heart:

(Edit!.. while prior to posting the above 2 images have absolutely NO space between them.  After posting, almost an inch.)

And I'm sure there are more...

doug@ebay please copy.....

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

HI doug@ebay

After doing a litte experimenting, I found that the only way I could do the side by side thing is to bring them in through the "photos" icon, but could not do it by bringing them in from another site.

I also found that it doesn't work with "other" smilies...  it's next to impossible to adjust the proper size at the end of the line, and to get them aligned up as well

I had started a test thread, and was going to take a picture for you, but aparently someone didn't like it, and it's gone.

But, I thought you'd be interested in part of the mystery being solved.

Thanks again!

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Ah yes @sheba*, I was always clicking the "photos" icon. What do you mean by "bringing them in from another site?" I can look into figuring that out...

@sheba* wrote:

HI doug@ebay

After doing a litte experimenting, I found that the only way I could do the side by side thing is to bring them in through the "photos" icon, but could not do it by bringing them in from another site.

I also found that it doesn't work with "other" smilies...  it's next to impossible to adjust the proper size at the end of the line, and to get them aligned up as well

I had started a test thread, and was going to take a picture for you, but aparently someone didn't like it, and it's gone.

But, I thought you'd be interested in part of the mystery being solved.

Thanks again!

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thanks doug@ebay

I store my photos and images on photobucket. Or I bring one in directly from a google source...

In order to bring them in, for some reason, I cannot just do a copy and paste into the post.  The image will not show up.

What I have to do, is open (actually, I just keep the window open to save time) a separate window and bring up the image in that Window, then do a drag and drop into the window with the post.  I tried, and it works the same way in Chrome.

You can't do a copy and paste even from the other window, you can only do the drag and drop.

Thanks again.

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

@sheba* doug@ebay

Sheba, If you hit ctrl and the - sign on your keyboard you can zoom out your page view and the photos Doug posted above should appear side by side.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

Yes,  I can do side by side too, as long as I bring them in through the "photo icon."

You can't do it bringing them ins straight from a google search, or from Photobucket, which is where my images, including my smilies are stored.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply