cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to filter out the crazies?

Is there any way to filter out who is able to send me private messages here, or do I have to "ignore" each crazy seperately?

Not sure why people feel the need to message me and tell me strange things when I didn't request such a thing, and then to be repeatedly insistent about it to the point where just ignoring their messages isn't enough and I have to go in and block them from messaging me further.

I said "Please stop messaging me" (after the 3rd unwanted message) and then I got called a liar basically for a thread I made here. The nerve of some people! Are people really delusional enough to think "well if this person doesn't want or need my assistance then they are obviously a liar and something is wrong with them"? I know the internet is full of crazies, but on a forum such as this I find this kind of behavior to be very disturbing.

I understand someone wanting to help, but when that person stops replying to you I think you should obviously take a hint and stop messaging them over and over again with the same info, each time seeming more desperate to get the information. This all seems very awkward and bizarre...

Has anyone else had problems receiving very insistent unwanted advice via private message here? Is that something common?

It takes all kinds I guess. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

No thankfully at least for me I haven't been harassed within the boards PMs. It's not uncommon that a members comments on a post can upset or offend someone else. Debates and arguments are fine as long as they are in the confines of the thread itself or in the PM as long as both parties welcome it.

I've been part of some of these myself, but the members are respectful enough to not harass in PMs. That's how it should be.

Yes, I am by no means condeming private messages in general! I welcome people to have a private conversation with me on here as long as it's constructive.

But when it starts out constructive and then turns abusive... that's where I have to draw the line!

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

will.png

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

crazy.jpg

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Block This Guy.jpg

Trust me on this one and add this guy to your blocked buyer list, for sure!

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

There is an Ignore button on each message.

I've never used it, although I dislike those messages and would rather get one through my listings, so I don't know how effective it is.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

THAT is funny!Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Is there any way to filter out who is able to send me private messages here, or do I have to "ignore" each crazy seperately?

Not sure why people feel the need to message me and tell me strange things when I didn't request such a thing, and then to be repeatedly insistent about it to the point where just ignoring their messages isn't enough and I have to go in and block them from messaging me further.

I said "Please stop messaging me" (after the 3rd unwanted message) and then I got called a liar basically for a thread I made here. The nerve of some people! Are people really delusional enough to think "well if this person doesn't want or need my assistance then they are obviously a liar and something is wrong with them"? I know the internet is full of crazies, but on a forum such as this I find this kind of behavior to be very disturbing.

I understand someone wanting to help, but when that person stops replying to you I think you should obviously take a hint and stop messaging them over and over again with the same info, each time seeming more desperate to get the information. This all seems very awkward and bizarre...

Has anyone else had problems receiving very insistent unwanted advice via private message here? Is that something common?

It is not common, but it does happen.

Was this person giving you advice about problems with your listings? 

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

There is an Ignore button on each message.

I've never used it, although I dislike those messages and would rather get one through my listings, so I don't know how effective it is.

I haven't used it, either, but to the best of my knowledge, it does work and while the person can send you a PM, you won't get it or see it.  I know this from others who have used the ignore feature.  

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

@lex-talon wrote:

One time a person sent me a PM about lingerie. He wanted to know if the package would reveal what was inside. I told him he needed to ask the seller about that. He Thanked me and never heard from him again.

I don't mind people sending me PM's, so long as they have a legitimate question to ask.Smiley Happy

Well I meant more PMs on the forums rather than through the selling part of the site. Smiley Tongue

You can turn off PMs altogether or block the offending posters by clicking the "ignore" button on their profile. It won't block you from seeing their posts here or them from seeing yours but you won't receive PMs from them anymore.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@jonathankirkland

Oh no! I hope it wasn't me! I was just trying to help you with your situation. I apologize if it was me.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@jonathankirkland

Oh no! I hope it wasn't me! I was just trying to help you with your situation. I apologize if it was me.

Nope! The crazies in question have been blocked. They aren't even people I've seen posting here before.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply