cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats up with the trashed/well worn shoes and clothing people are selling????

as i was researching a pair of shoes i kept coming across listings for well worn/trashed shoes being auctioned off and the prices they are getting are insane! same with the well worn clothing listings iv came across ...whats up with that???? is there something im missing??? should i not be tossing mine in the garbage?? LOL

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: whats up with the trashed/well worn shoes and clothing people are selling????

lol   If you have read the boards for the last week or two, then you will know...

ebay is putting childrens toys, t-shirts, and pots and pans in the Adult only area. sockmonkeydave ---------------------------------------------------------

The childrens toys is creepy . Tulips 

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: whats up with the trashed/well worn shoes and clothing people are selling????

I am sure most of them are harmless and just want to live their lives, but.

IMO there should be a separate category in the adult section for it so it is not clogging up the clothes and shoe ones.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@monster-deals wrote:

Depends on what it is.

A threadbare Motorhead concert t-shirt from the 70s or 80s can bring multiple hundreds of dollars even though it is barely being held together with hopes and dreams.

Yes, but that's not this.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

There are weird freaky people in any population. I just think your risk is higher when you're selling sex than when you're selling children's toys for instance.

I sold stuff in the Everything Else > Adult category for quite a while (before eBay undercut the Auction format and screwed up Search).  I am totally serious when I tell you the incidents of problem transactions were even lower than the niche I currently sell here, which is far lower than children's toys.   

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

I am sure most of them are harmless and just want to live their lives, but.

IMO there should be a separate category in the adult section for it so it is not clogging up the clothes and shoe ones.

Not entirely on topic here, but eBay has removed the navigation to find that category sometime within the last year or so... it's about impossible to get there now.  This has caused a lot of items that should be in that category to get listed on the main site. 

lol   If you have read the boards for the last week or two, then you will know...

ebay is putting childrens toys, t-shirts, and pots and pans in the Adult only area.

Why does this not surprise me... did they finally run out of room in the cookbooks category? 

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Properly marketed, those fergalicious wedges might be better than five bucks.  Or not.  Just sayin'...  Smiley Wink

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

There are buyers who love trashed/well worn clothing and shoes. There are plenty of fetishes to go around. 

Message 22 of 22
latest reply