cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats up with the trashed/well worn shoes and clothing people are selling????

as i was researching a pair of shoes i kept coming across listings for well worn/trashed shoes being auctioned off and the prices they are getting are insane! same with the well worn clothing listings iv came across ...whats up with that???? is there something im missing??? should i not be tossing mine in the garbage?? LOL

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

They sell to people with fetishes. Some of whom are even more strange than the regular Ebay buyers. If you decide to do it I wouldn't use your real address anywhere.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Those with a shoe fetish buy them, they want them well worn, and not new..

It's actually big business, some people make good money from it, selling used shoes, and certain other used stuff, some of which is not allowed to be sold on ebay..

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

They sell to people with fetishes. Some of whom are even more strange than the regular Ebay buyers. If you decide to do it I wouldn't use your real address anywhere.

Humbug.

They are the safest people you will ever buy from.  Their desires are strong and their only interest is that desire, and keeping it from people who might condemn them for it.

I used to have them come in my B&M store, great customers who will pay good money for what they want - with zero complaint.  If you treat them well, they will remain loyal to you.

I would rather sell $500 items to them than sell a $10 item to any other ebayer.  I know the fetish customers will never complain or try to scam refunds.

You might want to check into ebay's rules about well worn, and maybe sell on a different id to do it as some tight laced conservatives might not like seeing fetish stuff next to stuff they might want to buy.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Not humbug. I have absolutely no problem with people who have fetishes personally, but we have had numerous threads over the years where the buyer pressured the seller to model things and other requests. I'd give the same suggestion to someone selling lingerie.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth

Not humbug. I have absolutely no problem with people who have fetishes personally, but we have had numerous threads over the years where the buyer pressured the seller to model things and other requests. I'd give the same suggestion to someone selling lingerie.

Those threads are a real hoot.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Depends on what it is.

A threadbare Motorhead concert t-shirt from the 70s or 80s can bring multiple hundreds of dollars even though it is barely being held together with hopes and dreams.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Yes there is that, On the other hand....

Shoes have become expensive.

there was once a huge taboo about buying,used  or even taking hand me down shoes.

Like purchasing used clothing, it seems to be something buyers have gotten past.

If it is a very good brand name of shoes, buyers will pay for them, even if worn.

A good pair of shoes can have the heels or even the sole replaced.

Of course shipping is not cheap.

Then there is the other.... Anyone else watch "Orange is the New Black?"

Prison lingerie?

We had a B&M store also and a clientele of working ladies.

they all wanted néw however....

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

If they ask, you just say no.  No fetish person will hunt you down to sniff your feet if you are polite about it.  If they make you nervous, say the item doesn't fit and sign your name Bob.

(*Bleep*)
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Really you know ALL the people in the world with fetishes? Nobody knows how all people will behave and any time you're selling things to people for sexual purposes you never know who you're dealing with. 

There are weird freaky people in any population. I just think your risk is higher when you're selling sex than when you're selling children's toys for instance.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

They sell to people with fetishes. Some of whom are even more strange than the regular Ebay buyers. If you decide to do it I wouldn't use your real address anywhere. the dog ate my homework - unquote ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never thought of that . That might explain the old worn out rubber flip flops I seen for sale on e bay many years ago . They had them listed for 300 dollars . Curiosity got the best of me so I asked the seller '' what's up with the price ''? His reply was ,, '' if you have to ask ,, you'd never understand '' . He was right ,, until now that is . Geez -  Tulips 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

You might want to check into ebay's rules about well worn, and maybe sell on a different id to do it as some tight laced conservatives might not like seeing fetish stuff next to stuff they might want to buy. retrose ------------------------------------ unquote -------------------------------------------

Maybe if they are that tight laced they wouldn't even realize  what it was ?  Plus if you're referring to political conservatives  I'm sure they have their share of fetish holders . Stuff like that doesn't discriminate . Tulips 

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth

Really you know ALL the people in the world with fetishes? Nobody knows how all people will behave and any time you're selling things to people for sexual purposes you never know who you're dealing with. 

There are weird freaky people in any population. I just think your risk is higher when you're selling sex than when you're selling children's toys for instance.

lol   If you have read the boards for the last week or two, then you will know...

ebay is putting childrens toys, t-shirts, and pots and pans in the Adult only area.

You could get a PO box in a business name, but in this day and age, 

It is hard to hide your identity, google your name, it's fun.

lol   But when I call ebay CS, they ask for my email addy...

Then they say,  "How can I help you Mr. Sock",  for real... beer came out of my nose.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Don't toss your old clothing and shoes in the garbage. You'l never see any of it again.

Give it to Goodwill.  You'll see it all again next week on eBay.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Those threads are a real hoot. sockmonkeydave -- unquote  ------------------------------------------

I bet  🙂 . I've mentioned one of my friends who used on line dating sites on here before . This thread reminds me of the time her and a guy she was interested in  were to exchange extra photo's  only using their cell phones  after exchanging phone numbers . Right off the bat he sent her a photo of his bare foot  and then asked her for the same . I think she said something like  '' so long tootsie '' . We had a nice  chuckle  anyway . Tulips 

Message 15 of 22
latest reply