cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would you do if the USPS closes down?

24 hours ago I would have said, "huh, couldn't happen" but now who knows? If the authorities think the virus could live on the mail? 

For myself I always have a backlog of listing and inventory work that doesn't get done. But that would last at the outside a few or several days depending on how long I quake under the bedsheets. Always work in the garden though. Plus books to read. I have at least 100 of those.

My son (restaurant worker) just had his hours cut way back, so for him that means playing even more Pokemon Go unless they want everyone to go into quaranteen.

Message 1 of 93
latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Re: what would you do if the USPS closes down?

Kerziak didn't wish for it. As for putting ideas into other's heads, well...most people have an imagination and if they're creative or intelligent they exercise it regularly. 

Message 16 of 93
latest reply

@cashvaluerecovery2011 wrote:
Id go fishing until people put on their big boy panties.

I'm going to be fishing an awful lot this year I can tell!

And these are pink camo pants not too large and worn by a girl. 😛

Message 17 of 93
latest reply

I know! Right! 

Message 18 of 93
latest reply

@lex-talon wrote:

Be careful what you wish for. It's not a good idea to be putting negative idea's into people's minds. 

Sorry, I didn't anticipate that reaction to my question. 

It came out of a sense of shell-shock that library booksales are being cancelled all over, which is a major source of inventory and not something many people immediately saw coming.

Message 19 of 93
latest reply

There are quite a few large (and well attended) consignment or tag sales coming up in many areas as well. Not sure if they fall under the # of people all together at once rules, but I can see cancellations may be coming up there as well.
Message 20 of 93
latest reply

General Reply:

It appears that some companies are fearful of disruptions within the delivery chain - Patagonia is closing all stores and shutting down their website for now.
Message 21 of 93
latest reply

@mansons2005 wrote:
General Reply:

It appears that some companies are fearful of disruptions within the delivery chain - Patagonia is closing all stores and shutting down their website for now.

That seems to me like it's less about the delivery chain and more that they don't want a whole bunch of people in a warehouse together.

Message 22 of 93
latest reply

I have many other things to worry about now then the USPS shutting down Don't look for problems and don't cause a panic.
Message 23 of 93
latest reply

I Love Your Out Look On Every Thing.. I have some Vodka I've been Saving.No Sales, Drink more....Way to go.
Message 24 of 93
latest reply

I can't imagine this happening.  Modern industrial society would grind to a halt without mail delivery.  

Message 25 of 93
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:
There are quite a few large (and well attended) consignment or tag sales coming up in many areas as well. Not sure if they fall under the # of people all together at once rules, but I can see cancellations may be coming up there as well.

One issue with library booksales is that they are mostly run by older retirees.  The younger people crowding into the sales might be OK  but it would be dangerous for the volunteers.

Message 26 of 93
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

what would you do if the USPS closes down?

Remove the USPS shipping services from my listings and replace them with UPS options as my primary shipping service and @mr_lincoln 's new Express delivery service as my secondary. I won't give up trying until they pry the Dymo label printer from my cold dead hands.

Message 27 of 93
latest reply

I am planning on losing 4 months of income this year due to side projects and this pandemic. 2 months of that is if they expand the shutdowns. Hopefully I only lose 2 months of income though.
Message 28 of 93
latest reply

No big deal actually. People can sell locally. Thats what I do.

Message 29 of 93
latest reply

I too sell locally - or did until a prospective buyer asked if I had traveled overseas recently and then quickly said "No matter, I'm gonna cancel anyway - just to be safe".
And the next morning my doctor(s) called an had me go into self isolation with NO, absolutely NO physical contact with anyone....................
Message 30 of 93
latest reply