cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

views/watchers

It is so discouraging NOT to be able to see how many views on a listing.  That is a big part of knowing whether or not the listing is being shown, and/or if anyone is interested.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: views/watchers

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to see your views.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see mine in my listing view. Maybe yours are not enabled in your columns. Customize your columns as shown below.

As far as not knowing if your listing is being shown, you can log out or use a different browser to do a search.

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Your listings are being shown so that is not the problem.   Ebay changed the format and view counts start over each month. If you have no views that means no one has looked during the last 5 days.  View counters are there to help you make changes if you feel zero views in five days is not working.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Click on the number of views (the number itself) and you will see a more detailed history than just this month. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Your listings are being shown so that is not the problem.   Ebay changed the format and view counts start over each month. If you have no views that means no one has looked during the last 5 days.  View counters are there to help you make changes if you feel zero views in five days is not working.

View counts show the last 30 days, they do not go back to zero on the first of the month.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I stand corrected but we do not know how many days the OP has listed and therefor the views may have already reset. If they did not reset and are still zero getting close to those 30 days, then the OP needs to know the item they are selling is priced too high or not in enough demand.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

We cannot rely on what view counts data is shown to us.  I thought I had 1-2 views on an item but a friend commented to me how it was a 'hot item' when he checked out my page.  That I was getting 1 view per hour.  I don't believe what numbers I see on my selling page.  🙂

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

If you are relying on views or watchers to know if "anyone is interested", you are deluding yourself.

A large percentage of both will be fellow sellers who just want to see if yours sells and for how much since they have a similar item they might want to list.  And sometimes it's just someone who is curious because they have never seen a unique item before. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@sakic92710 wrote:

We cannot rely on what view counts data is shown to us.  I thought I had 1-2 views on an item but a friend commented to me how it was a 'hot item' when he checked out my page.  That I was getting 1 view per hour.  I don't believe what numbers I see on my selling page.  🙂

Every time (which is frequently) you post on the boards you will get a bunch of views,  views that are meaningless because they are just from other boardies trying to figure out what you usual rants are about.

Some people post on these boards for that specific reason as it drives up their views and makes them feel all warm and fuzzy even though they rarely lead to sales.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@marilyn6122 wrote:

It is so discouraging NOT to be able to see how many views on a listing.  That is a big part of knowing whether or not the listing is being shown, and/or if anyone is interested.

A view on an active listing only tells you that the viewer was not interested enough to buy it

🙂

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

True, but at least it lets you know your item is visible, which is a concern for many here, as eBay never stops tinkering with what works.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Some people post on these boards for that specific reason as it drives up their views and makes them feel all warm and fuzzy even though they rarely lead to sales.

Loving this comment, thank you....

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

It pushes 120 degrees in the Nevada Desert so it's always warm... and if you stand out in the sun for more than 20 minutes, you will also become fuzzy. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply