cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop posting on your items, make an offer .if you can't afford to take one

some of these saller's are about the **bleep** on make an offer. Item can before $12.00 and make an offer for $10.00.And than get decline, what a joke.Why even bother to post and ask for your best offer for the item.stop posting make an offer if you can't afford to take it

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

A lot - MANY - sellers have "Best Offer" on the crap their selling to help get favorable placement in search results.  Most don't even decline your offer, they just ignore it.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

In the past, there had been incidents where eBay had randomly added "make an offer" to various listings without the seller's having any knowledge  of it.  

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Some have a minimum set, and the offer is automatically rejected without them seeing your offer. Sellers do not have to respond to any offer anyway, that is their choice. If you don't like the price, keep shopping. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There are 20 million sellers on eBay and only a few hundred of them will read this thread. I doubt any of them will change their listings based on your post.

Also note that eBay sometimes adds Best Offer to a seller's listing without the seller's permission.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I don't actually want offers but eBay's listing tool frequently adds "Best offer."  I try to uncheck the box but sometimes I miss it. I understand that's an inconvenience to shoppers to have their seemingly reasonable offers declined but I try to decline the offers as quickly as I can so buyers can decide how to proceed. I'm pretty sure I lost a sale to this the other day, which by coincidence was a $10 offer on a $12 item. If you made that offer, I apologize. Those two bucks would have been about half of my potential profit on that particular item, once I factor in packing and shipping costs.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There is a glitch on eBay that listings that were Buy It Now all of a sudden also have Best Offers that the seller never added.

*  When I sold on here, I would get offers and couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw my listing with or Best Offer on it and I don't do that.

*  Then I started to watch when I would relist or list items and find that within a day 4 - 7 items out of 30 items would all of a sudden have Or Best Offer.  Then I would have to go back and edit.

*  There are sellers that don't realize the wonderful eBay programming have glitches like this.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply