cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start selling again

I used to sell on eBay but that was in 2019.

A few items a year.

What do I need to set up now?

I will be doing Buy In Now instead of auctions.

I have a Paypal account, but it isn't set up to receive payments.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: start selling again

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@broadwaynyc  Enough has changed that I would go back to the beginning to review, remind and get up to speed on changes.  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

EBAY no longer uses PayPal for their money management.   All sellers are required to enroll in the new MANAGED PAYMENTS.   You need to provide your checking account (ROUTING# only) and social security# (tax purposes).   Name on your checking account, social security card and your EBAY profile page must be EXACT MATCH (or your application may be denied).    Must be your legal name (no nicknames allowed).

When a sale is made EBAY immediately deducts (selling fees + shipping income) balance is deposited into your checking account 3-5 days AFTER sale is made.   Shipping money is "held for you" so there will be pending funds available to print the label.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@broadwaynyc  Enough has changed that I would go back to the beginning to review, remind and get up to speed on changes.  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/start-selling-ebay?id=4081

Thank you.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

EBAY no longer uses PayPal for their money management.   All sellers are required to enroll in the new MANAGED PAYMENTS.   You need to provide your checking account (ROUTING# only) and social security# (tax purposes).   Name on your checking account, social security card and your EBAY profile page must be EXACT MATCH (or your application may be denied).    Must be your legal name (no nicknames allowed).

When a sale is made EBAY immediately deducts (selling fees + shipping income) balance is deposited into your checking account 3-5 days AFTER sale is made.   Shipping money is "held for you" so there will be pending funds available to print the label.

Thank you.

Why just the checking account's Routing # and not also the Account # ?

I plan on offering "free" shipping. Will that matter?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@broadwaynyc wrote:

@caldreamer wrote:

Thank you.

Why just the checking account's Routing # and not also the Account # ?

I plan on offering "free" shipping. Will that matter?

They need the checking account number also so they know which account to deposit your payments.

Free shipping is up to you and it won't make any difference.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@broadwaynyc 

You will need to add a checking account to your eBay account to be paid. Make sure that all info on that account matches your ID, your local address & the address on your eBay account.  I believe they ask for proof of where you live like a light bill or what ever kind of bill.  Maybe no...It's been a while since I've updated my account. 

Know that if you sell something, the funds can be held up to 30 days to ensure the buyer has a positive experience and is happy with the transaction.  MBG.  Also know you should accept returns, because no returns does not mean no refunds. 

Things have changed on eBay so I would read up on policies and new rules, etc.  

Good luck to you and Welcome back!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

You need NERVES OF STEEL if you are selling ANYTHING of value here - In our opinion, the 100% "Money Back Guarantee" combined with information gleaned from this forum that appears to show the site devotes little if any effort toward vetting new accounts and little if any effort toward chargebacks, there is at least a degree of aiding and abetting buyer fraud. We believe that due to the sites shedding of buyers and market share, ANY buyer is a good buyer to them, and ANY sale is a good sale to them, but not so for the poor sellers who blindly believe that the site operates with their well being in mind. This was the main reason we stopped listing here.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@broadwaynyc 

You will need to add a checking account to your eBay account to be paid. Make sure that all info on that account matches your ID, your local address & the address on your eBay account.  I believe they ask for proof of where you live like a light bill or what ever kind of bill.  Maybe no...It's been a while since I've updated my account. 

Know that if you sell something, the funds can be held up to 30 days to ensure the buyer has a positive experience and is happy with the transaction.  MBG.  Also know you should accept returns, because no returns does not mean no refunds. 

Things have changed on eBay so I would read up on policies and new rules, etc.  

Good luck to you and Welcome back!

Thank you.

A lot definitely has changed.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

You need NERVES OF STEEL if you are selling ANYTHING of value here - In our opinion, the 100% "Money Back Guarantee" combined with information gleaned from this forum that appears to show the site devotes little if any effort toward vetting new accounts and little if any effort toward chargebacks, there is at least a degree of aiding and abetting buyer fraud. We believe that due to the sites shedding of buyers and market share, ANY buyer is a good buyer to them, and ANY sale is a good sale to them, but not so for the poor sellers who blindly believe that the site operates with their well being in mind. This was the main reason we stopped listing here.

Thank you.

No. I hadn't planned on selling anything of value. Those I would only sell in person.

Pet-themed hand towels and things like that are what I am considering.

Still to be honest with all the hassle I am not terribly motivated.

To go through all the identity verification all for $2 profit for an item doesn't seem worthwhile.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply