cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling

Great news, your item sold. Now it’s time to get it ready.

Hi Steven,

Your buyer hasn't paid yet, so hold onto the item until you receive payment. We'll send your buyer a reminder to pay within 48 hours.

Hmmm, Now I have an item the entire weekend on hold. Hmmm.

There's an empty space in a building on main street. Cash in hand. maybe try that.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: selling

@itsjustasprain And, your point being? 

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

@itsjustasprain Knuckle head

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

If you run an Auction you can opt to add either Buy It Now or Best Offer.

Not both.

If you add a Buy It Now price, and someone bids, the BIN disappears.

Buy It Now purchases are not subject to Immediate Payment Required.

In theory, a Best Offer will be higher than the opening bid, but you can accept or refuse (or ignore) and Best Offer. 

You can also set automatic parameters for accepting or refusing Best Offers.

If you run a Fixed Price listing, you can opt to add Best Offer and/or Immediate Payment Required.

The Best Offer on a Fixed Price listing will be lower than the asking price.

You can accept or refuse (or ignore) and Best Offer. 

You can also set automatic parameters for accepting or refusing Best Offers.

Accepting a Best Offer means that the Immediate Payment Required is no longer in effect because the buyer and seller are not expected to be working in Real Time. An after supper  (8pm) offer from a West Coast buyer might arrive after an East Coast seller has gone to bed (11pm).

In effect all these IPR/BIN/BO options mean that these listings become a sort of auction, or at least a haggle.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

@itsjustasprain And, your point being? 

I think the point is probably what several people here have raised, which is that you have 9 items listed for sale, but none shown as either Completed or Sold. You're selling high-value, high-scam items here, and with none listed as actually being Sold under your account, we're wondering if you are being misled by fake payment notifications being sent to you in messages.

If you go to your Sold Items page, is eBay actually showing any items as Paid and Ready to Ship?

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

I get what you're saying, but I don't get what "nastygram" is? I have a pretty good guess though.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

but none shown as either Completed or Sold.''

@a_c_green 

Very good point.  At the same time I was wondering if some of  the users here simply forgot about "posting IDs".  LOL  and we should not forget about the "lag" in ebay updating of late. 

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

but none shown as either Completed or Sold.''

@a_c_green 

Very good point.  At the same time I was wondering if some of  the users here simply forgot about "posting IDs".  LOL  and we should not forget about the "lag" in ebay updating of late. 

That's true, though in this case, the OP's feedback page shows only 16 ratings as a buyer, about 150 as a seller, so I'm assuming we're talking about activity on this account. The OP has not really addressed it either way. 😉

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

Because Ebay gives them 4 days to pay ? Also maybe the person is out of town. Maybe the person did not get paid until Friday ? Maybe the person had a baby yesterday. Maybe the dog ate their money laying on the table ? Lots of reasons but it does not matter because Ebay give them 4 days to pay.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

Thank you for providing the reads.  Appreciate you.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

Now I have an item the entire weekend on hold. Hmmm.

It's not eBay's fault that you can't multitask.  😂

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

and we should not forget about the "lag" in ebay updating of late. 

Well, that was it. A Sold item from January 29 has finally appeared under the OP's Sold listings.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

How do I cancel this sell without a blemish on my record?

By waiting 4 days

Message 42 of 42
latest reply