cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling

Great news, your item sold. Now it’s time to get it ready.

Hi Steven,

Your buyer hasn't paid yet, so hold onto the item until you receive payment. We'll send your buyer a reminder to pay within 48 hours.

Hmmm, Now I have an item the entire weekend on hold. Hmmm.

There's an empty space in a building on main street. Cash in hand. maybe try that.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: selling

You can't assume that the entire weekend will go by without payment from the buyer.  Your buyer might pay within the next half hour.   But your buyer might wait to pay until late Sunday evening.  

eBay's advice is still good advice:  get the item ready to mail.  Find an envelope or box that the item will fit into.  If it's fragile, pack the box so it won't break in transit between your location and your buyer's location.   seal the package so that, when you are notified that the buyer has paid, you can create the mailing label immediately, and take the item to the post office.  

Hoping for a quick payment from your buyer!

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

(There is a new feature that SOMETIMES requires a BUYER ID to provide a payment source BEFORE eBay allows them to even submit an offer.  That payment source is immediately charged should the seller accept.  This is new, and not readily available for all transactions, and there is no way to know if the buyer is enrolled or not. )

@ittybitnot @You mention "buyer is enrolled or not".   Do you have a link to the overall article/update on this feature?

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 

Thanx....mt.

I thought buy it now was the same. Shoulder Shrug.

Great news...... Flash report. Buyer just paid. So I'll ship now. 

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

So @ 9:09am, unhappy and @ 10:30, now happy?

Patience is a virtue.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 19 of 42
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

Thanx....mt.

I thought buy it now was the same. 

Yes, BuyItNow lets the buyer claim it for himself right then and there, but it does not by itself require him to pay for it immediately. For that you need to check the option box for Immediate Payment Required on the listing form. When you have that box checked, no one can snatch your item off the market without paying you for it first.

You might want to dump the Make Offer feature as that does not allow the IPR option (yet). eBay is testing that on some buyers, making them pay immediately if their offer to you is accepted, but right now there is no way to tell which buyers will have to pay you immediately for their offer, so I would leave out Make Offer and just list things at the price you want to get, period.

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Do you have a link to the overall article/update on this feature?

@calntom 

It was discussed a bit on the seller board and the buyer board with replies from an eBay "blue" on both.  I will have to search here which often is about as fun as getting a root canal.   LOL... Will look for you, though. 

Basically the program is in test mode, but supposedly rolling out site wide.  Buyer IDs are enrolled, meaning some buyers are "forced" into this feature, while others are not.  The "forcing" seems to be random, there is no evidence that non-paying IDs nor the new Zero IDs used by the "text me" scammers are included per se.   There is a preference for sellers to include or exclude their listings from this program,  but it presently has no effect whether a seller chooses Yes or No.  

Will see if I can find those links.  BRB. 

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

Thank you. I will check back later this evening.  Having to move to back to work mode........ 

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

@ittybitnot 

OK, Thanx for the info.

I only use Best Offer on certain items and I do not accept low ballers.

This item turned out perfectly well for both I and the buyer. that's a sweet deal. The way that it should be. Both happy.

The lapse in time for payment and eBays messages is what was getting my horns raised.

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

@stackers_xag wrote:

Great news...... Flash report. Buyer just paid. So I'll ship now. 

Was this on another account of yours? I see 9 listings of yours for sale right now and no listings under Completed or Sold.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@katzrul15 

So @ 9:09am, unhappy and @ 10:30, now happy?

Patience is a virtue.

No, not exactly kat. since yesterday and I need to clear my way for Monday.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Buyers have time to pay with best offer so yes patience is a virtue , if you do not want to wait then do not accept best offers 

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

@katzrul15 

Patience is truly a virtue, but it's hard to get through when you don't have time on your side. ALWAYS LOVE! 💖

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Checked your sold items, don't see anything listed as sold under this user name. Do you have another account it was sold under?

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

The lapse in time for payment and eBays messages is what was getting my horns raised.

@stackers_xag 

The communications sent by eBay of late seem to include an assortment of "lapses" so to speak.   Such as but not limited to: 

Telling a buyer "you won" an auction, only to find out later is was not the case.

Sending a seller a "nastygram" telling them to PAY UP or else when there is no balance due (paid days previously) are just two examples.

At the same time "blaming eBay" is pretty easy.  I don't sell here anymore, but on another site I sometimes get a notification of sale on my phone....two days after the item has already been in the mail to the buyer. I don't have any present experience with regards to personal notifications on eBay other than what is posted here. 

Message 30 of 42
latest reply