cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling under fashion catagory

I have 250 free listings under fashion and collectibles. Are clothes in general not able to list under fahion. And for collectibles, I am trying to list Polish stoneware and not able. Is there a secret I dont know. Any help would be appreciated. I had 3 months free basic store and closed it and now I cant list anything witout that .30 fee poppingup.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: selling under fashion catagory

I may not of explained my self correctly.

I tried listing clothes under fashion and

polish stoneware under collectibles..

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

There should be a learn more blue link on the promotional offer at the bottom of your selling page. Click on that and see what it says qualifies

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:
Clothing is NOT included in the most recent version of what collectible cats are eligible for free auctions with a store subscription -

The following are the collectibles categories eligible for the free insertion-fee auction-style listings per month:

Antiques
Art
Coins & Paper Money
Collectibles
Dolls & Bears
Entertainment Memorabilia
Pottery & Glass
Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop
Stamps
Toys & Hobbies

Where did you get that list? It seems to predate the addition of the "fashion" categories in the list of categories where Stores get free auction insertions.  Here's the current list and a link to the Help page:

Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 9.55.29 PM.png

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/storefees.html

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

@giftcloset wrote:

thanks for the help. the 250 free listings is under fashion and collectables and  Is on the bottom of my free store ... the .30 cent fee is charged. ...

The reason that you are not getting the free insertions is because you don't have a Store subscription.

30 cents is the insertion fee for sellers who don't have a Store subscription.

If you canceled your Store after May 1 and you think you should have your 250 available until the end of the month, then you need to call customer support to clear this up.  The issue here isn't about categories; it's about whether you have a Store.

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Pretty much Same issue sucks! I wish I had a response but unfortunately I don't I can tell u if I figure it out I'll come back n letcha know 🙂 happy selling!
Monicaashley
Message 20 of 42
latest reply

the free store had the 250 free listing offer before the basic store.

I closed basic store and still had the 250 free listings in my free store

Now in my free store the offer is still there

In my free store, ebay says I have used one of the 250 free listings under collectibles and Fashion and have 249 left.

The one listing that I have used was a pair of pants and that one listing has expired.

Now I do not even see a catagory for FASHION

And I would think Polish Stoneware would be under collectibles

And again I say under catagory there is no selection for FASHION.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

That was what it was when they started the free auctions for stores which was a reduction in the "collectible" categories allowed. Looks like they've changed it yet again.

Hard to keep up sometimes.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

On the bottom of my free store right now says I have 250 free listings under collectibles and fashion.

Right now on my free store I was trying to sell clothes UNDER the catagory FASHION ,not under collectibles.

On my screen under catagory there is no selection for FASHION.

So i have not answered my own question but am more confused by your responce.

do you have a catagory Fashion in your drop down list for catagories?

I think The 250 free listings is a Promo offer above the regular 50 free listings.

Thanks for your help

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Looks like you understood that post better than I did, Eclipse.

YMe- I thought you were saying that the clothing categories were not part of collectibles (which I agree with), not that they weren't part of the free auction categories altogether.

The list eclipse posted has been in effect for a while, but if you don't sell in those categories it can definitely be hard to keep up with the changes.

I called CS some time last year because I wanted an increase on the selling limits for one of my accounts that was maxed out. The rep asked what categories I would be listing in. Told them a couple of categories, but it wasn't until I said "women's clothing" that they perked up. They verified - clothing? I said yes and they gave me a huge increase. I got the impression that if it was just the other categories I might have only received a tiny increase, if any. I thought it a bit odd since there is so much clothing on the site already, but apparently they wanted to grow the category more.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@giftcloset If you look further up this thread you will see the link I posted with a list of categories. "Fashion" is not a category, just a description sometimes used for "clothing, shoes and accessories" and "jewelry and watches" categories.

Can you post a screenshot of the area you're looking at with "offers" that shows how many free listings you have?

Also, what was the exact date you closed the store?

You keep saying that you closed the store, but that at the bottom of your store you have free listings. It's a little confusing.

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

You went from one extreme to another. Polish Stoneware  are pretty dishes that most people COLLECT AND DONT USE ,LIKE CHINA that sets in the hutch. If a plate from disney is collectable I would think a plate from Polish Stoneware would be collectable. Obviously not though.

I cant list anything under this offer.?

I do appreciate you help, just trying to figure out WHAT I can list under this promo offer. Thanks.

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

Do you have the option under  ALL CATAGORIES , to select Fashion?

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

I had a free store, if thats what it is called when you list items for free without a subscription

Ebay offered a BASIC store for three months.

I opened and closed the basic store the same day, maybe a wek ago.

Now my free store" maybe the wrong name" has a promo offer at the bottom to lis t250  auction style listings under catagory collectibles and fashion.

Right now it says I have used 1 and 249 left.

I do not know how to do screenshot.

I am trying to figure what I can sell 249 more of for free.

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Lots of things are "collectible."  It is said that if you acquire more than 2 similar items, you have a "collection!"

However, on eBay, the Collectibles category is for miscellaneous items that do not have their own MAIN category.  Pottery and Glass is the MAIN category for dinnerware and glassware -- old or new, tableware or artware.  I collect both pottery and glassware, primarily American made, to display and to use.  In fact, all of my everyday dishes were made between 1925 and 1959!  (I am of Polish heritage and may still have a few pieces of Polish tableware that I inherited from my grandmother nearly 60 years ago.)

Thankfully, Pottery & Glass has its own category, separate from Collectibles!  I truly wish Postcards would be split out from the Collectibles category, too, because it is such a large and diverse area of interest.

"Fashion" is eBay's generic term for an ad campaign that's been running in various forms for several years.  It is not a named category.  It began as a means of attracting major retailers and other mega-sellers to sell on eBay.  The focus of the current Fashion ad campaign -- very bland radio ads and billboards -- is to convince the under-30 crowd to buy name brands on eBay

Your "free store" is a Basic Store.  I doubt that you had 2 stores concurrently.  You say you cancelled your store so you no longer have the 249 freebies. Perhaps the store icon remains intact until the end of May.  I've seen several user ID's with a store icon whose owners I know have cancelled the store.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 29 of 42
latest reply

"A collectable is typically from a big brand like: Disney, Hallmark, Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson. Then you have items like vintage ornaments, figurines, collector's series plates for Christmas, etc. Your Polish Stoneware is not considered collectable. It's just pottery."

That's not true at all. Collectibles can be anything...hubcaps, blue glass, Czech buttons, Barbies, Scotty Dog ceramics, etc. Most of the things you named are junk and not worth the money people spend on them.
Message 30 of 42
latest reply