cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling under fashion catagory

I have 250 free listings under fashion and collectibles. Are clothes in general not able to list under fahion. And for collectibles, I am trying to list Polish stoneware and not able. Is there a secret I dont know. Any help would be appreciated. I had 3 months free basic store and closed it and now I cant list anything witout that .30 fee poppingup.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

@moondogblues wrote:
"A collectable is typically from a big brand like: Disney, Hallmark, Coca-Cola, Harley-Davidson. Then you have items like vintage ornaments, figurines, collector's series plates for Christmas, etc. Your Polish Stoneware is not considered collectable. It's just pottery."

That's not true at all. Collectibles can be anything...hubcaps, blue glass, Czech buttons, Barbies, Scotty Dog ceramics, etc. Most of the things you named are junk and not worth the money people spend on them.

While that may be true, unless it falls under eBay's Collectibles category, it doesn't matter. I don't disagree with what you say, but eBay gets to define what is sold as a Collectible on their site.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Before you list, "learn" and educate yourself first.

L. Wright, Chicago
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

@liw48 wrote:

Before you list, "learn" and educate yourself first.

Well isn't that what the OP is trying to do right now? Learning from their peers?

KayKeeCorp
Grand Ultimate Supreme
Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@giftcloset wrote:

I had a free store, if thats what it is called when you list items for free without a subscription

Ebay offered a BASIC store for three months.

I opened and closed the basic store the same day, maybe a wek ago.

Now my free store" maybe the wrong name" has a promo offer at the bottom to lis t250  auction style listings under catagory collectibles and fashion.

Right now it says I have used 1 and 249 left.

I do not know how to do screenshot.

I am trying to figure what I can sell 249 more of for free.

Hello there!

If I'm reading this as you intended, ebay offered you a Basic store for free for 3 months. After that the usual monthly store subscription fee would apply.

You had only the 'free store', which to me means the 50 free listings per month offered with no subscriptions necessary.

You opened and closed the Basic store on the same day? Okay, fine. By chance, did you list the pants you are referring to on that same day, while the Basic store 250 listings was available to you? That's the only way I can see it that makes sense to me.

If this is the way it happened, I'm guessing that they are trying to charge you the normal 30 cent listing fee because you opened the store and then closed it again. You used 1 listing for the pants, and had 249 left. Then you backed out of the Basic store offer and the 249 probably went away.

I'm not sure if you had any of the 'free store' 50 left, but I'd think your account reverted to this status. Knowing ebay, you lost whatever you had left of the 'free store' 50 when you upgraded to the Basic store promo. You listed the pants and then backed out of the Basic store promo, so you likely lost the 249 remaining. Now you have no free listings left, and ebay wants to charge 30 cents per listing for the rest of this month. Next month you'll get the 'free store' 50 again.

That's my best guess as to what may have happened.

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Usually when you downgrade (or cancel) a store the listings that WERE available for that store (or level) will show on your tally at the bottom of the selling page, but unfortunately you can no longer use them.

They will vanish at midnight on May 31st

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Well, that's good to know. Another ebay programming FAIL. One would think the tally would be updated with ANY up (or down) store change. Everyone I know takes that tally as gospel and watches it like a hawk. Wow.
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

Moo I remember when I took on an 'offer' for upgrading my store from basic to premium and then downgraded again during the promo window. My premium unused listings tally stayed there until the month rolled over.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

The interesting thing about that is when you close a store, you are still paying for the remainder of the month and they say that you will retain the benefits until the end of the month because you're paying for them. So one would think the listings still show because you can still use them until the end of the month...

OP's case was a free store so they didn't pay for anything. But for those of us who do have stores and pay for them, if I closed say 2 weeks early to make sure I didn't miss the deadline, I would expect to be able to use the listings and other features until the end of the month since I'd still be paying for it.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

That's a really good point @copper.boom. If I'm paying for the whole month, I'd expect to be able to use the listings. Although it may have changed, when I first opened my store, I think I was charged pro-rated by the day. But this was before they even did the yearly vs. monthly subscription pricing too.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:

That's a really good point @copper.boom. If I'm paying for the whole month, I'd expect to be able to use the listings. Although it may have changed, when I first opened my store, I think I was charged pro-rated by the day. But this was before they even did the yearly vs. monthly subscription pricing too.

Yes, when you OPEN a store the fee is pro-rated. But when you CLOSE a store you are paying for the full month... even if you close on the 3rd day of the billing period.

Okay, I looked it up and here's the specific text:

http://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

When canceling your Stores subscription:
    • If you have a monthly subscription and you cancel your Store during the Mandatory Subscription Period:
        • You’re billed the current Stores subscription fees for the Mandatory Subscription Period.
        • You receive the current Stores subscription benefits for the Mandatory Subscription Period.
        • After the Mandatory Subscription Period, you pay standard fees for any new listings.
    • If you have a monthly subscription and you cancel your Store after the Mandatory Subscription Period:
        • You’re billed the current Stores subscription fees for the entire calendar month during which you cancel.
        • You receive Stores benefits corresponding to the current subscription until the end of the calendar month during which you cancel.
        • Starting the next calendar month, you pay standard fees for any new listings.
Message 40 of 42
latest reply

Oh I know trust me LOL

When I downgraded from a premium back to a basic I DID get a new bunch of the allotment for the basic store, just couldn't use the old premium store allotments that still stayed showing.

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

YMe- I have to wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that you didn't close a store, but instead changed to a different store level. So instead of retaining listings & benefits until the end of the month you were just switched over to the benefits and listings of a different level.

I wonder what happens when you close a store before the month is out if you actually do retain listings and benefits as noted in my post above linking to eBay's policy... ?

Message 42 of 42
latest reply