cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selling many eclectic items/easiest ideas to ad

I’m selling roughly 100 or more items that are “Eccletic”, “Unique”, “Collections” Occult, oddities, curiosities, spiritual themed, antiques, somavour, effigy, artifacts/relics, crystals, books, astrology,and various themed items and products . I am struggling with deciding on individual listings(which I cannot handle), lots/sets, mystery or combination boxes/packages, or trying to auction it ALL at once. I’m a new seller here and could use any input based on others experiences.  While each item sentimental, I wish to solely earn income. What would be most lucrative ways to sell these items.? Thank you for support!  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Mystery boxes are not allowed.Why not lump together the same theme items?Crystals, books,spiritual, etc.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@heathv824 wrote:

... struggling with deciding on individual listings(which I cannot handle), lots/sets, mystery or combination boxes/packages... 

You cannot sell mystery boxes on eBay.   Yes, I know you see them, but they are in violation of eBay policy and sooner or later those sellers will come to regret having violated the policy.

Otherwise, I can't help because what you're selling is far outside my ken.

All I can suggest is that you spend time studying Completed Listings on eBay for comparable items to see what sold, for how much, and what kinds of descriptions and photos and keywords the successful sellers used.

-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Oooops!  Cross-post.  Sorry.

-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Others have already mentioned the prohibition against "mystery boxes/lots" Do some research both here and on other sites to get an idea of what similar items have sold for. If they are "unique" and you are unable to find any references I would suggest using the auction format and set the starting bid price at the least you are willing to take from the item. Some buyers like bundled items, some are looking for singles depending on what you are selling. There is no one optimal method or format. 

You are a new seller I would suggest you avoid using best offer and list a few lower cost items until you get some experience and feedback built up. Depending on what you are selling you may possibly be a prime target for every scammer out there. 

Make sure you FULLY understand the eBay money back guarantee and the fact that as a seller you have little to no protection from the scammers. Understand that "buyer does not accept returns" does NOT translate to no refunds and eBay's policies generally mean little in the face of a NAD chargeback. 

Fully understand the eBay fees and how they are applied and factor those into your cost model along with your other selling expenses including Federal and State income taxes. This is especially true when it comes to shipping costs and options. The buyer should always be paying for shipping regardless of whether you use calculated shipping or free shipping and factor the shipping cost into your price. 

EBay is NOT for selling everything despite what some believe. Some items are better sold on local forums especially high dollar items, large heavy items or fragile items. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

There are 75,000 + mystery boxes listed for sale on ebay.  Mystery boxes don't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.  As long as ebay is making money they don't really care.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

And anyone who sees these is free to report those listings.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply