Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales are very depressing

i am ready to pull my hair out -I am trying everything and its just plain dead

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: sales are very depressing

I cannot be much help because I do not have much experience in your categories.  However, your nesting dolls are gorgeous.

Have you tried searching for your items to see where they come up in search.  Could they use a little tweaking.

Have you run comparables in the sold listings to see where your prices fall.  What about padding your prices a bit and offering free shipping.  From what I understand it helps with placement.

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Hi - I have tried everything I can think of - It is driving me out of my mind - sometimes search makes no sense...example...I had on a copper percolator coffee pot - well...when I did a search it was on the second page of listings....meanwhile the ones on the 1st page and 1st half of the second were copper clad - why wouldnt mine come up first - it did not have clad in my listing....I am absolutely not understanding any of this anymore.....also- I found free shipping was good for a while and then not - I just am lost at this point

and Thanks so much

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Why would search filter out anything with the word "clad" in it if only copper percolator coffee pot was entered to search??   Search would return all items with those four words in the title no matter what additional words are included in the title.  

Anyone who sepnds a lot of time searching their own listings is wasting their time because what is important is how a potential buyer searches - who unlike you has no idea what words are in yoru title. 

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

I looked at your listings and you have many nice items, but I'm not sure the new crop of buyers is interested in this kind of thing (I might be wrong). I use to sell one or two collectible glass or ceramic items a day. Now I'm lucky if I sell one a month, but other things are still selling well.

I was trying to think how you could get word out to those who do like to buy vintage items. Have you looked into doing some marketing on FB to drive traffic here? There are many special interest groups, some of whom are into vintage.

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Anyone who sepnds a lot of time searching their own listings is wasting their time because what is important is how a potential buyer searches - who unlike you has no idea what words are in yoru title. 

Let me clarify.  I did not mean you should cut and paste your title into the search.  I meant play with it a bit, leaving out words, changing the order, etc. to see if they come up.

In the jewely categories, I have experienced incidences if a seller lists 14Kt but you only put in 14K, they often do not come up in search.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@djablonka wrote:

i am ready to pull my hair out -I am trying everything and its just plain dead

yet another month with a few sales at the beggining, then none for 12 days, then a few to one person yesterday (the middle of the month), and unless they prevent it after reading this on the boards, there will likely be a few sales at the end of the month, but it will less then 10 just like it has been for half a year at least now. another lot I was giving away just went unsold too, so my sales for the middle of the month were yesterday and that's it.

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Lithium has also become a permanant fixture in my third-party authorizations. It can't be deleted, despite a few dozen attempts to do so. So they're giving these downers control over my account. Great! I'm sorry it sucks for you too. Whoever is running this place are definitely sadistic weirdos.

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

There have been many post about this recently. I do not think it is anything we are doing wrong. I think it is just because the buyers are not here, right now.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Plus, Imight add, I think the market here is saturated with all the free listings.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

@pastcollection wrote:

Plus, Imight add, I think the market here is saturated with all the free listings.

The succesful sellers eBay are not interferring with their ability to conduct business would disagree with both statements.

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Cut your prices by 1/4 and see what happens. 

If you cannot afford to do that,  then you paid too much. 

You make your profit when you buy,  not when you sell. 

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Great sales this past month! 25% off sale
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Hi,I have the same problem.Sells are now to low ,since july I sell 2 or 3 items per month,I used to sell 10 -15 items per month,and replace products every month,now i have about 30 items and don´t sell.The items are the same and better,same title and description,best offer option,always great clean photos/pictures.I need ebay to support my family,i wrote to ebay about this,but the answer was,"Call us" ..right,if they pay the phone bill.

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Me, too. I used to sell so much, everything I listed sold. Now, it just trickles in.

HOWEVER, I am in Ann Arbor and today is Michigan vs. Michigan State, so I am so excited in anticipation of the game, I don't really care about ebay sales today! XD

Message 15 of 31
latest reply