cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings." WTH?

I have this transmission from a 2013 Dodge Dart listed: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Dodge-Dart-2-0L-automatic-transmission-with-torque-converter-18-000-Mi... If I go to the catagory, Complete Auto Transmissions and enter the search words, 2013 Dart, it doesn't show up. A line says, "We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings. View all results" and if I click on that, it DOES show up, but I doubt most people do. Why or how do I get it show up in the first time search results? Is it because I listed it as FOR PARTS NOT WORKING?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

If I changed the condition from, FOR PARTS NOT WORKING to USED and explained the issue, would it then show in a search?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

If I changed the condition from, FOR PARTS NOT WORKING to USED and explained the issue, would it then show in a search?

The eBay definition of used is generally that it is fully functional.

If it is not fully functional, calling it used would not only violate policy but also invite problems.

But then again I am not familiar with eBay Motors policies.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Well, if nobody sees the listing, it will never sell. It is fully functional but needs a part replaced to be usable. Maybe potato potato but that's it.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

enter the search words, 2013 Dart, it doesn't show up

Search words and titles are related. 

If some one searches for for the words 2013 Dart and the listing title reads:

2013 Dodge Dart 2.0L automatic transmission with torque converter 18,000 Miles

it does not match!

My advice is, put words in your title hat people will use in a search and don't put words in that no one will use n a search.

The word combinations 2013 Dart and 2013 Dodge Dart and 2.0L are important as well as automatic transmission and torque converter but no one is going to search for 18,000 Miles; you can talk about that in the item specifics. As it is right now, it only will come up if you search for: 2013 Dodge Dart

Example:

2013 Dodge Dart 2.0L automatic transmission with torque converter 2013 Dart 2.0

That should index your listing in Condition: For parts or not working in both 2013 Dodge Dart or 2013 Dart searches.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

I had that happen a few times. Nothing **bleep** me off more than ebay telling me what THEY THINK IS RELEVANT. B please!

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

If you are searching for your own item,   it might not show up  because you have clicked on it a few times and did not buy it.        It is showing that you are not interested in that item and will send you along to another.

Search results are unique to each person.    What shows up on your search results might not show up on another buyers. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@joem4stuff wrote:

@atikovi wrote:

enter the search words, 2013 Dart, it doesn't show up

Search words and titles are related. 

If some one searches for for the words 2013 Dart and the listing title reads:

2013 Dodge Dart 2.0L automatic transmission with torque converter 18,000 Miles 

it does not match!

But it should. If 2013 and Dart are the key words I'm searching on, if the title or anything in the listing has those two words, that listing should show up.  I remember years ago there was a box you could check off saying, "Search Titles Only" and it would give results with the search words only in the titles, but I don't see that box anymore so assume the search words cover the entire listing.

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@whatmorefabric wrote:

If you are searching for your own item,   it might not show up  because you have clicked on it a few times and did not buy it.        It is showing that you are not interested in that item and will send you along to another.

Search results are unique to each person.    What shows up on your search results might not show up on another buyers. 

Do you have anything to base that on? I can switch to a different browser and still get the same results.

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@atikovi wrote:

Well, if nobody sees the listing, it will never sell. It is fully functional but needs a part replaced to be usable. Maybe potato potato but that's it.

Motor Parts & Accessories:

Used: "An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

If you are are arguing that your item is "fully operational and functions as intended", but that it still needs a part replaced in order to be "usable", I think you are grasping at straws.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

When I see this, generally what I'm looking for is under "view all results". It's not relevant results their showing, it's their darling sellers showing, relevant or not. 

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

"We removed some search results to show you the most relevant listings."

Translation: "We'll show you what you were really  looking for only after you settle for and buy something else!"

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

If I had a 2013 Dodge Dart and was looking for a 2013 Dodge Dart transmission 2.0 I would type Dodge Dart transmission 2.0. When I searched yours came up #135 of 137 Dodge Dart transmissions with 2.0 engine.

There is no way I would only type 2013 Dart, and even if I did, there is no way I would want 123,000 items for a 2013 Dart to show up. Anyone who only uses 2013 Dart as a search would be happy to click most relevant and get a better result. When listing you have to always think like you are a buyer. So if you had a 2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 and needed a transmission think what you would type to get the best results.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

If I had a 2013 Dodge Dart and was looking for a 2013 Dodge Dart transmission 2.0 I would type Dodge Dart transmission 2.0. When I searched yours came up #135 of 137 Dodge Dart transmissions with 2.0 engine.

There is no way I would only type 2013 Dart, and even if I did, there is no way I would want 123,000 items for a 2013 Dart to show up. Anyone who only uses 2013 Dart as a search would be happy to click most relevant and get a better result. When listing you have to always think like you are a buyer. So if you had a 2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 and needed a transmission think what you would type to get the best results.

Most people would search in the COMPLETE AUTO TRANSMISSION section to begin with if they are looking for an automatic transmission, and that gets 836 listings, not 123,000 when searching with 2013 DART. No need to include DODGE or TRANSMISSION or 2.0. And the transmission from a 2.0 also fits cars with a 2.4 if I recall. 

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

You need to think more like  a buyer. NO ONE would search in a different category as they would just type on the main search box what they want. NO ONE looking for a Dodge Dart transmission would not type Dodge Dart transmission.  They would type exactly what they want. ONLY experienced people would start switching categories and even then, it would be AFTER they received 137, 000 results they did not want. EBay's search is working exactly as it should.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply