cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Tune in to hear how these seller went from Bricks & Mortar to an Online Store"

Hey ebay - how about getting a proof-reader and editor or someone that knows proper grammar?

Tune in to hear how these seller went from Bricks & Mortar to an Online Store

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: "Tune in to hear how these seller went from Bricks & Mortar to an Online Store"

It's TOON in, this sellers, and Bricks and MORTARS, jk.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Re: "Tune in to hear how these seller went from Bricks & Mortar to an Online Store"

It's also 'brick and mortar', not 'bricks and mortar'.  

'Bricks and mortar' is what something is made of.

"Brick and mortar' is what something is.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hahaha it's called "Engrish".   LOL   😃
Have you ever seen that website engrish.com?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Bricks and Mortars. I'm sticking to it jk. How does you like this apples?

Honestly this reminds me of all of the TikTok bad grammar titles within the videos. ugh.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Perhaps in Hawaii. lol  Most of the kids I grew up with had  parents who were from overseas.  You learn to adapt and understand...even pidgin english, which my mother forbid in our household.  And she's from Hawaii!! 🤙

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I Think Good Old Fashion English Should Make A Serious Comeback!, That Way Everyone Knows What Everyone Is Talking About!, WOW What A Concept!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Honestly this reminds me of all of the TikTok bad grammar titles within the videos. ugh.

Brick or Bricks and Mortar is still not right. All cliches are subject to suspicion.

I had a physical retail store in a wood frame building. No bricks, no mortar.

My current warehouse is a steel building.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

I Think Good Old Fashion English Should Make A Serious Comeback!, That Way Everyone Knows What Everyone Is Talking About!, WOW What A Concept!

Werd

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Let me tell you about how many OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS I had to read at a previous job that contained misspellings and grammatical errors.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

Brick or Bricks and Mortar is still not right. All cliches are subject to suspicion.

I had a physical retail store in a wood frame building. No bricks, no mortar.

My current warehouse is a steel building.

That's an interesting point, but I think "brick and mortar" has become a catch-all term for physical store whether if it's steel and concrete or wattle and daub, sort of a synecdoche - "ears" for hearing or getting "the eyes" on an advertisement (or say "wheels" for car or "track iron" for a track racing bike).

Of course, we've seen that taken to a silly extreme (usually in advertising).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Hey ebay - how about getting a proof-reader and editor or someone that knows proper grammar?

Maybe why eBay don't advertise much if this is an example of what we could expect.........

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

Maybe why eBay don't advertise much if this is an example of what we could expect.........

Our expectations are high!  We want advertising AND proof reading?

Lol

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 13 of 13
latest reply