cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sold" item that was cancelled (was a scam) still showing up under "Sold" tab

I'm new to ebay (at least haven't used it since YEARS ago) and trying to learn the ins and outs of it all. I had just posted an item for sale and an offer of the full amount was made and I naively accepted. Only for the person to contact me asking to text them because they had questions regarding the product. I immediately knew it was a scammer and canceled the product that was already listed as "sold", though obviously no payment was made. 

Since cancelling the order, it is still being listed under my "sold" tab as well as the money that the "buyer" would have sent is listed on my total sales on the summary page. 

Will this remain on my summary as if I did receive that payment? What do I do next regarding this predicament as I don't want to be charged a fee from ebay for something I did not actually sell, as the buyer was actually a scammer. I have two products in which this has happened and both are listed under "sold" but also says they were cancelled, but the summary is still counting the amount of money I would have made if they were actually sold. If I select delete on these items on my "sold" tab, will they no longer be listed under items sold and will the total income amount go back to $0? I just want to be sure this isn't counted as actual sales, as they were both scammers.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: "Sold" item that was cancelled (was a scam) still showing up under "Sold" ta

Same thing happened to me but the thing is the 2 items prevents me to try to sell 2 out of 5 cause I'm new

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: "Sold" item that was cancelled (was a scam) still showing up under "Sold" ta

By deleting the item from the items sold tab, your account accrual balance will reset back down to 0 earned. I ran into the same issue and by doing this, it fixed my acount right up

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

My concern is that now they are enforcing issuing 1099 for sales over $600 - will they include in the income for the 1099 the items they say "sold" but really were not sold?  I do not need to pay income tax on items that were not really sold.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

The amount on the 1099-K will be the funds that eBay actually processed for you when buyers paid for their items.  It will include the item price and the shipping and handling, but not the sales tax (if any).

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

If you are only looking to have it "removed" from your sales list, you can archive it, and that should make it disappear from your view.  

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

I just worked with eBay to resolve this issue and here is what they instructed me to do 

Paste this link to a new browser to access the page, click edit and put a check mark on the left side of the item and hit delete on top:

(No spaces in the link when you enter it, I wasn’t able to post this reply without adding spaces to the link)

this worked for me and the funds were removed!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Hey, I just had several of these and after canceling the offer I went to the sold tab and clicked the upper right option menu, selected the canceled items and deleted them. That fixed my sales total.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply