cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"It looks like there's a problem with this listing" Why? why? why?

Item specifics - The item specific Size is missing. Add Size to this listing, enter a valid value, and then try again. 

Just got off the phone with cs, she said calls are coming in with this issue, cannot get past error message no matter what I / OR the cs tried. 

This was an attempt to list a "new" item, the same thing happens if I try to edit an existing item. 

cs said to give tech 24 hours and try again tomorrow. 😞
So I'll be dropping my items off as drafts - WHICH I SELDOM USE AS THEY ARE GLITCHY. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: "It looks like there's a problem with this listing" Why? why? why?

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, today we've received reports of:

1) error messages when revising or creating listings in the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories categories, and

2) sales data missing from the bar chart in Seller Hub.

I want to assure everyone that we are aware and are working on fixing both issues as a priority. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

ty Brian!!!!!

I shall stack a few items up in Drafts, no hurry.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I can't believe we have to wait 24 hours for eBay to fix this "issue," as they call it.  I only have certain days that I am free to list (today is one of them) and I am totally stuck in neutral.  It would have been nice for a blanket message to have been sent to sellers so we didn't waste time trying to figure out what was wrong.  Bad business practice.  Time for an IT upgrade???

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I also wonder what will happen with listings that are automatically renewed.  Will any listing created before October 15 be rejected?  Ridiculous.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

My drafts still have an error in them so I will have to go in and correct it...

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Assuming the glitch is fixed, what will happen to existing  listings created before 10/15 that renew automatically.  Won't there be an empty field that will need to be filled in?  Kind of silly to have to put the size in twice anyway.  

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@denim-topia 

Appreciate your reply that it is "no hurry." But it is a major glitch for those of us who cannot list or refine our listings. Encouragement to not worry about it is not appreciated. Don't mean to sound snarky, but this to me is major. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

There are a whole bunch of categories now (like PGP) that require the same information in 2 totally separate IS fields.

They don't care - it's only the seller's time that's lost.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

brian@ebay 

Thanks, Brian, for your reply. I believe issues with Seller Hub have been ongoing and do not affect trying to list. Would appreciate the focus right now be on the Clothing, etc. issue. Not being able to list or refine active listings needs to be addressed post haste and not be on some back burner. Would appreciate it very much...and putting your listings in "drafts" until a fix is made doesn't work either.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

abfab - it is major to me too but as with any and all eBay glitches The New Normal is that getting upset doesn't help in the least. My goal, pretty much my whole life, has been aiming to be appreciated, so your disappointment in me cuts like a knife. 

I did used to get frazzled especially with issues that had me dead-in-the-water such as when I couldn't print labels. There are so many and varied glitches that I have seriously MADE myself react constructively rather than gibbering and weeping (it wasn't pretty). 

I started the original post at 8:30 and I was able to complete a listing by 11:00. It could possibly have been sooner but that's when I came back from doing 110 photos for my listings. When one thing breaks down - I see if there are other chores needing ticking off of my list. 

@abfabvintage wrote:

@denim-topia 

Appreciate your reply that it is "no hurry." But it is a major glitch for those of us who cannot list or refine our listings. Encouragement to not worry about it is not appreciated. Don't mean to sound snarky, but this to me is major. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Looks like everyone had TERRIBLE sales on 10/2 and 10/3. 🙂

Thanks for looking into it.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Giving me same error on trying to change "custom label" from Manage active listings page.  Can't even change price from there either.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@denim-topia 

Gosh, denim. I in no way wanted to offend you. But in the heat of this discussion and my upset that I can't list or revise, I didn't think it helpful telling those who need to fix this NOW to not worry...apologize if I offended. Guess I should know by now there are daily, multiple glitches. But when sellers can't list or revise, and the data they are now requiring is already in the listing, it just gets old. However, I was more than surprised to even see eBay make a timely Announcement there are issues which in my lifetime have never seen before. Except for servers down which are not announced until sellers here complain...And now that announcement says RESOLVED. But it isn't resolved as of today. Again, apologize. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Apparently the word resolved has a different meaning to ebay than to sellers affected?
Message 15 of 18
latest reply