cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting false item size / type missing errors?

I wanted to bulk edit my items, but eBay won't let me due to errors saying the item size and type are missing.  But every single item has the item size and type.  These are not new listings either.  Anyone else getting this glitch?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Yes.  Ebay released a statement about it.  It's mainly in clothing I believe.  I have the same errors.  I called and they said that they are in the process of rolling back the update to correct it.  Hoping it doesn't take very long to do so.  

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

me too, all day
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

The required fields are ridiculous for me, trying to list clothing and it won't let me list it without Model, UPC, Size Chart, and other weird ones that are impossible to put in for clothing.

When I entered the size (medium) then checked the listing, it changed and said the color was medium, ha. 

Hope it gets fixed quick. 

Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

They SAY they resolved it BUT they are not going back into all our listings and putting the sizes back. 

I just spent all evening putting back 100 sizes on my over 200 items of clothing. 

I can't believe I am PAYING THESE PEOPLE !  Would you pay an employee that sabotaged your business this way? NO, You'd Fire them.  I am not confused about who is paying who here. They work for us even though they'd like us to think it is the other way around, and basically they are doing a **bleep** job - a disastrous job - and don't deserve my money anymore.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Just went in an edited, one by one, the first hundred of my over 600 listings.  Now I'm worried that if they "roll back" the update that all of my work will have been for nothing so waiting until tomorrow to continue editing.  The only problem is, I can only tell if it needs to be fixed if I actually click on Edit Item so I'm going to have to check them all anyways....sigh....thanks ebay. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yes. Currently I can't change the quantity in my multi variation listings because of this error. When I restock or a buyer returns something, I'm unable to add it to my existing inventory. What now, ebay?

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Yup, me too. All my clothing items.  I wanted to relist a ton of listings with my 500 Fixed Price free promotional listings offer going on, and it expires soon. I wanted to bulk relist them, and it wants me to input individual sizes. ARGH! No thanks.

Ebay, how does something like this go wrong on your end?! What a nightmare. I hope they figure this out by morning so I can still take advantage of my free listings! 😛

doug@ebay   @Anonymous  alan@ebay  any updates on this issue?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Yes. Currently I can't change the quantity in my multi variation listings because of this error. When I restock or a buyer returns something, I'm unable to add it to my existing inventory. What now, ebay?

That's exactly what happened to me when they rolled out the last IS change to categories.

And you don't know the listings have "errors" unless you need to edit them.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I doing the same thing changing things and it is still broke. Do you think if they ever get this fixed are we going to have to go back and change everything? Fix ebays mess! I cant even imagine stores with hundreds of listings broken that have to be fixed.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I can assume that this is affecting ALL clothing sellers, right? @Anonymous  brian@ebay  alan@ebay 

This is a rather high priority glitch as no clothing seller (one of ebay's top categories) can create nor update quantities. I created a listing on 10/14 and LUCKILY noticed I accidentally had my quantity at one unit too much and fixed it. All of those units have since sold out on 10/15... what would have happened had I not removed that 1 unit on 10/14 that I didn't have?

Ebay really needs to get on this. And start firing the monkeys who created this mess rather than giving them promotions.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

So, since all my sizes are missing, are my listings even being shown in search?
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@sunset-painter wrote:
So, since all my sizes are missing, are my listings even being shown in search?

Probably not if the buyer is searching by size.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

I think the problem with editing/relisting for clothing has been resolved. I feel for everyone who spent time yesterday manually inputting sizes in. I'm so glad I waited to edit/relist my listings until it was solved.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am manually fixing many many clothing items.  It was not all fixed.  It's so time consuming on top of NOT one sale or even a best offer so far today..I have so many new items to list but need to fix this first...:(

Message 15 of 19
latest reply