cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought X of my items in the last 10 days" Broken

I use the setting available in site preferences to block buyers from purchasing more than X items in a 10 day period.  Its just a convenience for me, because I don't keep the supplies on hand to ship large quantities in a single order.  In the last two days, two buyers have successfully circumvented this setting and I am wondering if there is a known trick people use to do this, or if its an eBay software bug, or if this has happened to anyone else.

In both cases, the buyer placed multiple separate orders (each of which was within the quantity limit) for which the sale notifications came within 5 seconds of each other.  I don't know if they are doing one on their desktop and one on their phone at the same time to trick the system or what?  From the blocked activity log, I can see that both of these buyers bumped up against the block, meaning both were well aware that there was a quantity limitation, so this is definitely deliberate circumvention and not a coincidence.

Any insight anyone has to how people are getting around this block would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0