cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Allow buyers to make offers or a fee may apply." <---- What?! New pop up WARNING

Really?  I kept turning this feature off, and still got a number of "offers". 

For vintage items, often the listing value is difficult to determine as a small scale seller.  We cannot be experts in every category of antiques.  This forced “Offers” feature is going to be very predatory against sellers.  The Ebay selling process is going to become more like Craigslist, where every idiot within 500 miles will inundate your phone with rediculus and time-wasting offers.

Is ebay phasing out the Auction style format?

Are millennials so impatient that they cannot stay focused long enough for an auction?

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

"Allow buyers to make offers or a fee may apply." <---- What?! New pop up WARNING

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

**general reply**

Is THAT what the quick listing form looks like?? Good grief, what a nightmare  Smiley Frustrated

Not only the short form but the long form that changes so often, is why I flat out refuse to use eBay's listing form.

To the point that if I need to do corrections on a listing I a) see if it has had any sales if not I'll end the listing and relist from Auctiva to not have to use that form or b) if it has had sales how long has it been since the last sale do I want to end the listing and reboot from Auctiva OR usually decide the correction isn't that big of a deal and just let it ride.

There are only 3 listings (up currently) that I just flat out let em ride, and wait till I'm doing an inventory count before I'll pull them and then relist with the corrections I made on the Auctiva copy.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 46 of 54
latest reply

I think it might be an issue with two promotion offers conflicting with one another.

Has anyone discovered a work around. $.35 on a $10 item is quite a bit of money after factoring in final value fees on Ebay and paypal fees.

SmartSelect_20180725-083350_Chrome.jpg

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

It's funny you mention conflicting promotions.  I swear it seems anytime I click the big 1000 item promotion,

I don't sell anything all month.  If I don't click the big one & stick with the 50 free I sell stuff. 

It's happened more than once so I stopped using the big promo altogether.

Message 48 of 54
latest reply

I think I have figured this out.  I have the 1000-item promotion (which requires you to allow offers), and the 50-item per month promotion both active now.  If I choose to allow offers, it is counting the listing against the 1000-item promotion.  If I choose to turn off "allow offers", it is counting the listing against the 50-item monthly promotion.  So this tells me... they are putting the warning pop-up on, because if you turn it off and you are over the 50 items for the monthly promotion - then you wil get charged the insertion fee.

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

@jobs-7 wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

Please post a screen shot of this pop-up warning. Until I see the actual message, I'm of the opinion that you misread it. To me, it sounds like there are two separate, unrelated statements.

I'm of the opinion you owe the OP an apology, but I won't hold my breath.

No one should ever have to apologize for using their brain and engaging in some healthy skepticism.  Thatsallfolks posted nothing inflamatory or insulting.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 50 of 54
latest reply

That makes sense. Thanks for sharing!!

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

So again, does anyone know when this fee "MAY" apply? I was told that as long as I'm not using any additional promos, then I won't be charged. I'm currently not using any promos other than my monthly free BIN listings. But the listing tool stills show it. Some of my other items show a "different" listing tool that looks nothing like the original one. That "different" one doesn't have check boxes regarding this "fee may apply" but the original one does. How confusing and stupid this is...
Message 52 of 54
latest reply

I was told that as long as I'm not using any additional promos, then I won't be charged, as long as the promo doesn't require B/O, you can turn it off if you want.  If you listed under a B/O promo, and then revised to exclude B/O, you will be charged..........

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

azsheepdog1-9
Adventurer

Guys! Turn on the offer feature, but set the minimum one cent below your original price. You're welcome

Message 54 of 54
latest reply