cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture file corrupted prompt when trying to load pictures?

Just started doing this annoying prompt.  Suddenly.  Tried different pictures twice now.  Keep getting the prompt that picture file is corrupted.  The item is a mailbox magnet cover.  Could a magnetic field be messing with my camera?  Pictures simply will not load.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: picture file corrupted prompt when trying to load pictures?

It was, curiously enough, a magnetic field.  Taken from 5 feet away picture not corrupted.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

It was, curiously enough, a magnetic field.  Taken from 5 feet away picture not corrupted.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I've had that info pop up when uploading photos periodically.  If I load up the photo a 2nd time or at a later time it uploads smoothly.  I think it is something in the ebay system, not anything to do with what you photographed.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I have had issues dowloading scans from time to time (like May15 and 16) and assume it is a system issue when I get to eventually dowload them. I used to get around it by using the "classic download" option (one at a time) but I do not see that choice in the new format.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

In my experience, if I went a week without finding a bug while using eBay, I'd have a reason to worry.  eBay is so full of bugs you're guarranteed to find something new every day.

Once I had uploaded some pictures and completed it and all showed up initially but when I submitted the listing, it had "seller hasn't uploaded picture" message. Somehow it lost 8 large nice pictures I uploaded, and somehow allowed a listing with no picture that eBay hadn't allowed in years.

Another time it said I was outbid. But there was only ONE bid and I was the only bidder so it's impossible for a solo bidder to be outbid. 😕

A few times a year I snipe auction, and it ends saying I am the winner but when I go to pay, it says I am not the winner because somehow it misses a last second bid that comes in after I get confirmation I won auction.

And I do get mysterious corrupted image issue once a month.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I have been having this same problem for about an hour. I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  The pictures all look fine to me, but I went in and edited several of them, resizing them, saving them with different names, etc., in case it was a glitch in the photo downloader, but after all of that I am still getting the corrupted error message with each and every photo I try to upload. Did not have this problem earlier today.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I am not sure how old this post is and if anyone on here is still having problems. I believe I found that actual reason for the corrupted file prompt.  Everytime I would upload any photo they would come up with being corrupted. I decided to resave the images. The original was CMYK Color and I resaved the images in RGB Color.  Worked. I retested with another image. Same issue CMYK Color will not load. Resaved to RGB Color and worked like a charm. I hope this helps some of the other people who are still having the problem. 

Thanks

Derek

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Save the images in RGB Color. My problem was CMYK Color causing the problem. Switched the images to RGB and works fine. 

Thanks

Derek

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

My pictures ARE IN RGB and it still says they are all corrupted. I deleted all photos, waited an hour and retook them....all to no avail...same thing Corrupted....I'll wait till tomorrow...thanks anyway all

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

how do you save the images to rgb color ? please ?
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Try switching web browsers.

In my particular case, I had a lot of error popups for corrupted images when uploading pictures in Safari on macOS. I switched to Chrome and so far have not seen this problem.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Had the error on Safari over here. Switched to Firefox and it worked.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Yep, me too. Corrupted on Safari, switched to Chrome it was I believe. No more problem.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Had the same problem today. Signed out of eBay. Signed back in. Restarted my computer--no problems after that. 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I had the same problem many times. My first reaction was to restart the whole computer. I later realized that just closing and reopening the browser did the trick.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply