cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal says it can't find my account.

paypal says it can 't find  my account. paypal says to contact ebay. ebay sats to contact palpay. Neither seems to be able to help me.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you have a Paypal account; you have to get with Paypal. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Ebay has nothing to do with Pay Pal, so not sure why Pay Pal says to contact Ebay.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

When did you last use it?  If the account has been inactive for 3+ years PayPal will purge it.  It's also known to close accounts with suspected fraudulent activities.   You can try to open a new one to find which umbrella you fall under.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@traderdave8 

Paypal is no longer an option for sellers to receive payments.  You need to open a bank account and attach it to your eBay account if you plan on selling again.  Here's a link to get you started.  PS If you haven't sold in over 3 months your account will be considered a new account and funds can be held for up to 30 days:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/start-getting-paid-ebay?

Happy New Year.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You don't need a Pay-Pal account to shop on eBay. You can store your debit and credit cards in your eBay wallet and pay from there. 

But in any case, maybe starting a new one will kick the old one back to the surface. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Why would paypal be trying to find your account, and what does that have to do with ebay?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ebay would have nothing to do with it.  PayPal is a completely separate company.  While buyers can pay using PayPal, sellers can not receive money for the payment via PayPal.

So you need to deal directly with PayPal.  We can't help you here, sorry.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 8
latest reply