cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an account manager or someone that will actually give me answers and not just babble

Can someone please help me I am at the end of my rope... anyways I'm a new seller on eBay within the last 13 months my mother passed away two years ago and my brother and I closed our family printing business of 45 years. So I decided to do my childhood passion baseball football basketball cards buy and sell them I've always loved that... it started off Rocky on eBay because like many people probably know there was no training for me and remember I'm 50 years old also I was under the impression that I did not have to give refunds that's how I signed up my eBay account I was in for the surprise of my life... not only did I have to accept returns I had to allow scammers to try me since I was new they tried every way they could I called them all out I'm very direct and very transparent. So I started out on eBay with eight negative reviews in the first two months... so of course I quickly fell under sanctions where they took away my promoted items and I had higher item not as described fees and I was paying $25% Plus to eBay for every sale they had me every which way bent over a barrel. But you see I'm a professional I've been in sales all my life I've worked since I was 8 years old, I hate to lose and when somebody says I can't do it I do it 10 times better that's what a boss does. So within 8 or 9 months of opening my store and being on every kind of Probation and fees and every possible thing there is I climbed out of the hole imagine that I am currently selling between 6 and $8,000 in cards a month and I also buy about four or $5,000 worth of cards a month that's how I restocked my store... I get no customer support no account manager if I don't police eBay they are getting me every time I mean it's borderline criminal it's definitely unethical and immoral without a doubt 100%, their business Playbook is 100% unethical but since it's not Criminal them like 90% of corporate America get away with it.... so I just finished my first year of having a store on eBay I didn't have any training I don't do anything on the computer everything is done on my phone, well come to find out you can't do everything on your phone and you are not informed like you are with the seller's dashboard on a PC or computer which I had no idea until I was punished for things I didn't know about it wasn't told about wasn't trained about.. why wouldn't you tell me that when I start selling on eBay??? I  just found out that the discounted USPS postage for cards that are $20 or less isn't even tracked even though you are given a tracking number this is just all smoke and mirror... I talked to the postmaster today they didn't even recognize that as a tracking number that's a number eBay uses so since the mailman doesn't even recognize the tracking number and doesn't enter that into any system then how can eBay tell when the item is delivered they can't this is crazy insane and then they deny that this is the way it works but I can't get an answer to how they track it the post office doesn't track it. When I got a hold of a customer service rep about it tonight they promised that somebody would call me back which they haven't but not merely a half an hour after I called and called them out on their practices I get a message that I have a very high item not as described rate and guess what it goes back 12 months and guess what it's 1.51%. The last 9 months I've had maybe one return and no negative feedback so it's not from the last 9 months I've already been punished for this maybe multiple times since I haven't policed them enough. I believe I do enough business that I deserve an account manager God knows I've paid eBay enough to probably have five of them they average getting between 20 and 25% per sale of every sale of mine and I sold probably I don't know 60 to 80,000 in the past 12 months and bought $50,000 worth of cards so please if anybody can help me I'm going to do my due diligence behind the scenes but I need some immediate help thank you very much God bless the real card Shack...

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Getting an account manager or someone that will actually give me answers and not just babble

Try asking again what you 'need' and not with all the wall of text background story. This is a forum of fellow members and we can help but not many will want to read all that with pre-info that has nothing to do with what you really need. 

What I did get out of it is (and the answer is)

NO

eBay does NOT have account mgrs. When they had something similar you needed to be doing WAY more than $10k a month, more like $100k a month, over $1M annual.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You might consider scanning your cards instead of photographing them.  The condition is more accurate.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Meter Mail.jpego

Those under $20. eBay standard envelopes go into meter mail since it doesn't have a stamp on it.

Not every city has 3 slots for mail. Some buyers may not always see tracking and say item not received but it may have been received.

I use a .66 stamp to mail some of my items...never have an item lost in the USA all year.

Don't need tracking for inexpensive items.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The ebay standard envelopes (ESE) ARE 'tracked" but by the machines as they are sorted. There is no tracking # as such like 'normal' parcel mail, so no they never actually get scanned as 'delivered', and the 'tracking' can't be accessed by the postal clerks.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

The recent Solds I see have USPS First Class in the Shipping section. That, of course, no longer exists... but why don't you just ship via USPS Ground Advantage? Low price, tracking provided, $100 insurance included...

You have some great listings. Better luck to you.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It is very difficult to read a wall of text.  Paragraphs with a space between them is much easier to follow.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@therealcardshack wrote:

I  just found out that the discounted USPS postage for cards that are $20 or less isn't even tracked even though you are given a tracking number this is just all smoke and mirror... I talked to the postmaster today they didn't even recognize that as a tracking number that's a number eBay uses so since the mailman doesn't even recognize the tracking number and doesn't enter that into any system then how can eBay tell when the item is delivered they can't this is crazy insane and then they deny that this is the way it works but I can't get an answer to how they track it the post office doesn't track it

@therealcardshack Review this page for the packing requirements (size, flexibility, label placement, etc) and category restrictions (a qualifying item must be listed in a qualifying category):
https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-domestic-shipping-services/ebay...

And also read this page:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-standard-envelope?id=...

Review this page for some of the fine print (like items over $20 don't qualify, for example):
https://pages.ebay.com/sell/standarddelivery/termsofservice.html

If you don't see eBay Standard Envelope (ESE) on the listing form you may need to adjust package dimensions to 11x6

When you use auction format, if the auction goes over $20 and you offered ESE, the buyer can still choose it at checkout, but you will not be able to purchase an ESE label due to the item's value.

If your item is eligible then you will be able to purchase a label through eBay following the normal process. You'll see it as a service option right next to all the others (ground, priority, etc).

If you find the tracking on eBay to be lacking, you can track the ESUS number on this site:
https://parcelsapp.com/en

Remember, this is a metered mail shipment so it does not receive traditional tracking scans and the clerk at the PO counter cannot scan it. Instead you should drop these envelopes in your PO's metered mail slot. The envelope will be scanned by sorting machinery at distribution centers along the way.

Common reasons ESE envelopes don't get scans include:
- Overpacking. Envelopes are too stiff. It's not recommended to use trading card top loaders or cardboard mailers.
- Placement of label. Label should be placed in the upper right corner with 1/8" clearance from edges. If it's placed too far from the corner the machinery won't scan it.

With ESE, a 'delivered' scan generally occurs at the last sort facility before it gets to the buyer, so typically the buyer will receive their order a day or two after the delivered scan.

If an item doesn't have a delivered scan and a buyer files a not received claim, you'll have to refund through the claim. ESE shipments do have insurance coverage for item cost and the claims process is outlined on the page linked above.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply