cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

page modification

Anonymous
Not applicable

The "See other items"  in the upper right hand side of my page seems a bit small for visitors to see, can it be modified to make it more visible ?  Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: page modification

nope

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bummer.  Thanks

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You have no access to that portion of the page.

For what it's worth, you can add a bigger button/link to the description area of your listing by inserting something like this in the HTML tab when editing a listing (or via bulk editor)

<p style="margin-left: 5px;"><span style="border:1px solid lightgray;
 padding:15px; border-radius:8px; background-color: #ffff5c;">
<font face="Arial" size="5"><b>
<a href="https://www.ebay.com/sch/bigfootjunk/m.html"
target="_blank"> View My Other Items </a>
</b></font></span></p>

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Buyer can adjust on their end.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thanks

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thanks.  I would like to try your suggestion,  unfortunately I am not familiar with HTML and do not know how to insert the code.  Could you  offer any help in that area?  Thank You again.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I don't know what listing form you are using - the advanced or the quick (and I know nothing about the quick listing form or if it has an HTML editing tab), so let's assume you use the advanced form . We'll got with adding the link/button one listing at a time via revising the listing.

Looking at item 323331331088, I see you have added a line

"To View more shirts, please click on "See Other Items" at top right of page.

I guess we might want to change that to something like:

"To View more shirts,  Please Click Here to See  My Other Items"

where we turn the "Please Click Here to See My other Items" into a simple link/faux button.

to look like this:

ebay_fgphillips_other_items_link.gif

(note that the snippet I posted in post#4 just sticks a standalone link/button on the left side of the page wherever inserted, so we need to modify the code a bit to mesh with your existing text and general page style)

Also note that if you want, you can insert CR/LFs with the enter key while in the HTML tab to spread apart the areas of code you are working in for visibility and easier selecting and pasting. HTML doesn't care about those CR/LF and the editor will just remove them when you save.

ie: while in the HTML tab revising the listing,  place your mouse cursor in front of the "To  View.." text and hit the enter key 2 or 3 times to make some space. Rinse and repeat at end of the line ""...top right of page." to visually isolate the line you want to modify.

Revise the listing, open the HTML tab instead of the Standard tab, and replace:

To View more shirts, please click on "See Other Items" at top right of page.

with

To View more shirts, <span style="border:1px solid lightgray; padding:7px 10px;
border-radius:8px; background-color: #f0f0f0;"><font face="Arial" size="5">
<a href="https://www.ebay.com/sch/bigfootjunk/m.html" target="_blank">
Please Click Here to See My Other Items </a></font></span>

You can adjust the values of padding, background-color, border-radius etc to suit. (ask about specifics if needed)

If you have that EXACT same: "To View more shirts, please click on "See Other Items" at top right of page."  string in all your listings, you could bulk edit them all at once by using the same two find and replace strings shown above.

Bulk edit by selecting all listings you want to edit with checkboxes on left of selling page, then choose edit, then reselect once bulk editor comes up, then "edit fields --> item description", then "edit listings in bulk - find & replace", then  copy and paste in

To View more shirts, please click on "See Other Items" at top right of page.

for the "find text" and copy and paste in

To View more shirts, <span style="border:1px solid lightgray; padding:7px 10px;
border-radius:8px; background-color: #f0f0f0;"><font face="Arial" size="5">
<a href="https://www.ebay.com/sch/bigfootjunk/m.html" target="_blank">
Please Click Here to See My Other Items </a></font></span>

in the "replace with" box.

BTW: The HTML in that listing is a mess - it looks like you have been pasting content from Word or some other editor in there, and there are tons of empty font, b, and u tag pairs too which make it difficult to edit the HTML because it is random visual junk and clutter.

Additionally there are over 30 nested <font rwr=...></font> tag sets. A set of those are added by eBay (idiots) EVERY time you edit or relist the listing, and when the nest to a certain depth (50?, 75?, 100?), your description will disappear and just be an empty blank expanse in certain browsers - Firefox particularly. (that issue was discussed last fall). That is something you will need to address at some point (and likely either requires painstaking manual editing, or copying the standard tab view of the description to clipboard, stripping any RTF formatting from that, deleting everything back in the standard tab, and then reformatting)

Sorry this isn't very clear, but I once again have no idea what listing form you're using, if you are using Seller Hub, your coding/computer skill/familiarity level, and I pretty much suck at 'splaining coherently 🙂

More questions just ask. Others might be better equipped to walk you through procedures and chime in.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

WOW!!!!  Without question that is the most helpful, clear and concise answer I have ever received in many years with ebay.  I salute you sir.  If you work for ebay, go wake up your boss and tell them that a "Grunt" from the field strongly suggest that they give you a promotion and raise.  If they balk, ask them to give me a call and I am confident I can can be more expressive than in an e-mail.  My sincere thank you.  "Bigfoot Junk Store.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You are very welcome.

And no I don't work for eBay. Just another seller grunt (not selling much or very motivated to put up listings).

But go ahead and call and email them and tell them to cut me a check for Consulting Services, Misc grin
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hello again.  I am not an HTML expert yet, but I am working on it. One quick question please: On the line where I enter the ebay address  wttps://ww.ebay.com........................., where do I find the address to enter?  Thanks

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

>>where do I find the address to enter?

The URL for a search for a seller's items is of the form:
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/<SELLERNAME>/m.html
so you would just plug your username in for <SELLERNAME>.

ie: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fgphillips/m.html

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I see you are a night owl like me.  Your reply was at 3 AM.  I am anxious to try your suggestion.  Many thanks.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply