cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no sales

Has Ebay tanked??, Havent seen it this bad in 15 yrs. 

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

no sales

Well i took the jump and opend an amazon account today and made my first sale today after approval. i still love ebay and hope they fix whatever it is.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

no sales

What is the real problem?  It is (a) one's items are not, or no longer, in demand, (b) one 's items are facing increased competition, or (c) one's prices are too high.  Now, of course, it is possible that one's items are not being shown to potential customers by eBay - I get that - but such a situation is totally within the control of a seller if they understand the basics of how the eBay search algorithm works (primarily, if an item has been sitting in a GTC listing with poor click-through rates and low conversion rates, then end it and relist so that the "reputation" of the item has a clean slate).

Let me give you an example.  Last week, I looked at 8 items in my inventory that had been sitting idle with no sales for over a year ... people looked at the item and some had watchers.  Now, is it eBay's fault that these didn't sell?  I didn't take that perspective.  I owned it, and I took action.

• On each of the 8 items, I did some quick market research to see if the items were selling at all, and if so what they were selling for.
  • 2 of the 8 items were not selling anywhere so I removed them and dumped them in the Goodwill box
  • The other 6 had pricing problems, and they had sat so long on the eBay shelves that they had fallen off the first page of search.
  • I ended all 6 listings, and created "sell similar" listings some title changes ... I priced the items competitively (below anything on eBay or Amazon).

What was the result?  One week later, 4 of the 6 items have sold.

This!

Small business owners (sellers) have to stay on their toes every day to stay relevant.

eBay is just a giant search engine, geared towards selling stuff, with algorithms driving everything.

New listings get a bump in the search order, listings that get a sale get ranked higher, overpriced listings get dropped lower evertime a sale happens, etc..  It is no longer a "search and find" marketplace.

We've noticed that old listings go stagnant, especially when eBay changes things.  We've had listings that you could only find by searching the item #, even searching the exact title would only bring up everyone else's listings.  These were usually a "sell similar" or item that hadn't been updated for several months.

Check prices, end listings, and re list them with a fresh template.  This will almost always help, at least for us with unsold items.

Adding to your thought:

If sellers really feel like selling stuff, jump through all the eBay hoops, especially the ones you don't like.  TRS, 30 day returns, free returns, etc..  They all help sales.  Taking offers puts you in a sales class of it's own.  Handling time at one day helps quite a bit, and getting items out sooner than later helps exponentially.  I've always noticed a small bump in sales when we print labels and the box is in the hands of the carrier same day.

Stay ahead of the game, do your research, serve the almighty eBay, and it will serve you.  I like it less than all of you do, but I do like making money (a lot).

Good luck.

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

no sales

Sales are up and down.  October was very good, but November is sad.  I think the Midterms have depressed buyers.  Tax hikes in the future are all they see on the horizon from the House of Reps.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

no sales

I know other sellers as well as myself are experiencing days in a row of NO SALES..

I thought it was just me.  I was sick and contacted all my buyers none of my buyers complained of late shipment 

However eBay computer tagged me with 16 late arrivals however I contacted also eBay and they sent out message.

Yet they still leave these bad marks against me. and keep lowering my seller level.  I made 3 calls to them no help.

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

no sales

Has anyone started their own website and found it to be successful?

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

no sales

Worst i’ve Ever seen.  I’m not buying on eBay over the holidays either, or at all till they fix these issues.

--Remember the days when Ebay was phun?
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

no sales

Mine were lowered again from their hidden limit right after I typed one number wrong in a tracking #.  It didn't even affect my top-rated status.  (I think there is a limit because I would always sell about the same amount even though I have all kinds of listings, and sales always came in spurts to one region)  I have watchers but no buyers usually, and I'm only selling cheap items, like $5-$10.   I tried increasing listings but can't buy anything else to sell if I don't make sales.  I don't really have problems with selling new or used.  Sometimes items that have watchers I put on sale really cheap and yet nothing.  The 'lower by 5%' emails don't work, and are a potential explouit for buyers.   Ads for competion right on your item doesn't help.

I also hate the 'stagnant' listing idea, as a buyer, most of my large watchlists have gone.  I can't buy everything at once.  And I won't remember or find all of them.   The ones I wanted but can't buy, I hate chasing them down every month.   Half the time I can't even add to a list other than the watchlist.  The layout changes every login.   Most large websites nowadays are broken and use algorithms no one wants.  Its like no one knows how to code ever since everything went mobile-first. 

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

no sales

I have never had a Black Friday weekend this weak.  No sales.  I'm down and can't figure it out, I spoke with ebay and was told the Handbag listing are up of 600+ Thousands looks like the Imports.  I sell PreOwned and VintageHandbags and Shoes. What is Happening? First2222

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

no sales

I don't have that many sales as well during these couple months. I tried my best, such as offering the discount, free shipping and lowest prices as possible. I mean there are people watching but not buying anything. I guess buyers on eBay are mostly based on the trend.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

no sales

Figures don't lie but liars can figure

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

no sales

"Second, though eBay may artificially manipulate a seller's opportunity to sell, I have not seen any evidence that suggests to me that eBay caps a seller - shutting them off - after they reach a certain sales level. I used to think this was possible, but after a little more experience, I don't think it to be the case."
You're being pretty vague . With all your ebay knowledge , I thought you would have more insight to hidden limits. Maybe someday an ebay employee will have an ax to grind.
Message 41 of 42
latest reply

no sales

Maybe go have a talk with these folks, those who are going out of their way to not use ebay-branded shipping materials are not helping ebay advertise because they are "embarrassed" to have folks know what they are doing and in that way are doing their utmost not to attract new buyers, this hurts us all:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Are-you-embarrassed-walking-into-the-post-office-with-your-eba...

Message 42 of 42
latest reply