cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to eBay selling need advice will listen too

Need advice on shipping rates , to make better listings pop out than the usual ebay seller if possible using keywords , would like for some of sellers or buyers to look at my profile to see if I’m doing eBay the right way i appreciate everyone who gives me advice ! 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@reluxeusa wrote:

Need advice on shipping rates .

It looks like you are just guessing at how much to charge for shipping. When you list an item it gives you 3 options. 1. Fixed rate 2. Free shipping 3. Calculated shipping. I strongly suggest you use #3. Just weight your item in the box, measure it, then put info into the calculated shipping tab.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

True but at the time i am waiting until my scale comes in so I can Start weighing them properly thanks for the advice ! 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

It's never a bad idea to have all your shipping needs (like a scale) in hand before you list items for sale.  This would fall under the category of "doing eBay the right way."

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

For most of your items the keywords will matter at all.

The title conveys anything a buyer will enter in the search.

Your photos are slightly underexposed so the background looks gray. If you camera has a white level adjustment, use it. If it doesn't, consider removing the background. But your photos are no worse than a majority of Ebay sellers.

Since I am not an expert on sneakers, I have no idea whether what you sell is scarce or not, but you should expect lots of competition and slow sales unless the are rare and in demand.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Regarding the scale-you don't need to wait until you get a scale. You can go to the post office and use their scale to determine the proper weight.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

And while we're at it, your Usborne Beginners Cookbook says "Free Shipping" in the title, yet also shows a shipping charge of $9.99.  You may want to fix this in order to make this listing "pop out more than the usual ebay seller."

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

thank you ! 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

thank you for reply! will try my best to increase the photo lighting. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

understood thanks for the tip! 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

thank you , i fixed the title thanks for pointing that out 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I hope your scale comes soon, you are going to get slammed on some of your shipping fees.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

For your running shoes you need a very clear photo of the soles/heels on both shoes and a straight-on shot from the back of the heel counter (back of the shoe). It's impossible to really see true wear or wear patterns without those two shots.

If you're listing them and the back of the shoe (heel counter) looks like it's cocked out or in and somewhat stretched, the shoes are no good.

Otherwise everything looks good to me insofar as the photos I looked at and description.

( I run distance and go through shoes like crazy so am always trying to save a little money, so will consider pre-worn shoes if they don't have very many miles on them).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Sweet thanks for the tip ! I am gonna revise some of the listings to make the photos better 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply