cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new “send Bulk offers” to watchers/ viewers, why is it not working?

Hi. Very excited about this option, but when i try it it doesn’t work, it just says offers not sent, why is that? It asks for a percentage, i am saying 5%, i think that’s the minimum. And it does Go through. Help

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, the percentage you mention is the discount you are offering to your watchers/viewers. If you input 5%, then that indicates you are sending them a 5% discount off that item. Note: some listings may not be eligible for sending offers.

Below is a link to eBay’s Help pages with step-by-step instructions and more info.

https://export.ebay.com/en/marketing/promote-listings/offer-buyers/#bulk

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Sorry, I meant : it doesn’t go through.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

But why would they be not eligible? If they’re showing as eligible. I wish they would’ve say why . So confusing. And yes i know the percentage is the discount, that’s what i meant. Thanks 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My big issue is that I have 3200 listings.  My offer eligible is 9 listings.  eBay spoon feeds you these every day. Sometimes none, sometimes a few, never more than a dozen.

I take a look at my overall listings and I see I have a few hundred with viewers or watchers.  Why not let us blast this entire list?  It would result in more sales for both us and eBay.

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I take a look at my overall listings and I see I have a few hundred with viewers or watchers. Why not let us blast this entire list?

Not all buyers appreciate being blasted by sellers offering discounts; some buyers opt out of receiving offers entirely, and others may have reached the maximum number of offers already.

If eBay does not allow buyers to opt out (and require sellers to honor that decision), then many buyers will stop watching items just to avoid unwanted offers, making the watch list less useful overall, and making it a little harder for users to keep track of items they may want to buy at some point.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If eBay does not allow buyers to opt out (and require sellers to honor that decision), then many buyers will stop watching items just to avoid unwanted offers, making the watch list less useful overall, and making it a little harder for users to keep track of items they may want to buy at some point.

Let people opt out if they wish.  Then let me send offer to the rest!   😀

Two bits I've learned....

1.  Watch an item and often the seller will send you an offer.  So now I watch items I'm considering for a day or two before buying.

2. When selling, don't do the "Send Offer" when items appear on your list immediately.  Some folks are just building a list of items they intend to buy.  I wait a day or two and a bunch of those items appear in the SOLD folder!   

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply