cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Bulk Editor For Relisting / Sell Similar Question

I've been playing with the Bulk Editor  in my  "Unsold" folder of auction items.  I cannot find a way to "Auto Relist".  When I do either, Relist or Sell Similar, it creates a listing only for one round.  I then have to go in and individually edit the listings to click the box for  "Auto Relist"  up to 8 times.

Am I missing something?  The bulk feature is useless if I then I have to in and edit each listing anyway.

Thanks

Tom

Sending America's collectibles where they belong, one auction at a time!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Knock, knock...  is anyone home?  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I'm not sure that we can relist auctions with the bulk editor and set them to automatically relist 8 times, if that is what you are attempting. I always relist in bulk when needed, but I don't ask the system to automatically relist. I have enough trouble keeping track of relists without that, but that's just me.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for responding. That's exactly what I'm asking... if I'm missing how to relist thru the Bulk  Lister, or if it's just not an option... then  WHY NOT ?  (I was hoping one of the moderators would respond and maybe put in a ticket?)

We are in similar markets, I'm mainly postal history and first day covers.  I put my postcards into that category too.  I have 3,300 active listings, of which 500 are auctions, using the 250 free auctions that come with my store subscription.   I also have an average of 300 expired auctions in my "Unsold" folder.

I try to list new auctions every month as my time allows.  I let the unsold listings age a bit, and will relist 25-50 of the oldest ones (usually a month or two expired)  right before each weekend that I haven't had time to list new ones.  I use the "List Similar" so they appear as  NEW.  My final strategy is that when I relist these, I change the price from say, $1.99 start price  to $1.98, and after the next 9 week cycle it will be $1.97 and so on.  I do look thru my unsolds and some of them get relisted as fixed price.  Everything eventually sells, I've had items in my store two years that suddenly sell.

So end of story is that it takes me a minute or two to relist auctions.  Each week when I relist 25, figure it's half hour to an hour of my time.  I was investigating the Bulk Relister so I could just do it in one action, but I guess not!   ☹️

Message 4 of 4
latest reply