cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fixed price listing made Nov 30 shows ending Dec 30, not Dec 31

I'm pretty sure they changed things to roll over at end of month instead of  30 days.  That's what happened in Sept, but not Nov.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: new fixed price listing made Nov 30 shows ending Dec 30, not Dec 31

Thank you, shipscript.  That is definitive.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Good Until Canceled listings now roll over on the same date that they were created.  A listing created today will renew on the 30th of every month (except February).

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

What will they do in February, have they said?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It will roll over 30 days after it was created
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 

@jandsknight 

If there is a matching date/number in the rollover month, the listing will rollover on that date. So a listing posted on the last day of November (the 30th) will roll over on December 30 and January 30. But in February, there is no 30th, so the last day of that month (the 28th or 29th) will be the rollover date. The pattern will return to normal in March, when March 30 reinstates the orginal rollover plan.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm not convinced this is actually working as they say.

I have one ID with a bunch of magazine listings that I ALWAYS had set to roll over on the 28th and yet I see that this month they're rolling over today.

So somehow with the GTC change the date they roll over has 'moved'. I deliberately set them to roll over a couple of days BEFORE the end of a month because I didn't want them coming out of the following month allotment (back when GTC was every 30 days)
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Here is the eBay page where this is specified:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/selecting-listing-duration?id=...

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, shipscript.  That is definitive.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@pink.fish.rule 

If, in the 30 day scenario, your listings were originally set up a few days ahead of the 31st, there would have been calendar creep backward toward the beginning of the month, so the date would be a lower number every few months. Yet you are seeing it creep higher toward the end of the month? During the transition from 30 days to calendar days last summer, there was a period of adjustment. There were issues that persisted in rollovers for another month or so. Did the rollover adjustments occur back then and are only being noticed today?

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

That very well could be.

I'll keep an eye on them in December and if they are still rolling over on the 30th I'll end them and move them back to the 28th.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply