cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we going out of business eBay???

What's going on with you?  Is your IT department out to shut us down??  Not only am I a seller and full time business owner here on eBay I'm also a shareholder.  I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

You're killing my business.  I've been selling full time for over a decade and never have seen it so bad, even in 2008-09. 

You need to stop whatever you're doing that is causing this downturn.

We need your help.  PLEASE STOP!

If you kill our business now where will we be a year from now?  How many people will shut down their stores?  You won't get "promoted listing fees" if people pull the plug.  We won't stand for higher and higher expenses with lower and lower sales numbers.  Not going to happen.

Stop.

Message 1 of 246
latest reply
245 REPLIES 245

They need to do a major tech group overhaul....  this is not what you want to see   sobSmiley Mad

That's one day of lost productivity for all their customers that depend on Ebay.  I wonder what the financial loss is associated with this blunder?

downdetector920.png

Message 2 of 246
latest reply

Agree totally - i am down at least 50% in sale items this month - no idea what's going on - I call and they refresh my store and assure me more sales - nothing yet..

Message 3 of 246
latest reply

I had a wonderful couple weeks in August after a period of only getting sales during the night (weird). Then like they just turned down a dial it just suddenly started to drop. This was very weird. I have patterns but never as severe as they've been. I was making 250-500 per day until this past spring. I had my worst day in years this past week with around 35 dollars. I've listed several hundred new items in a summer blitz and while that helped with my August surge it does nothing to support the drop.
Message 4 of 246
latest reply

Movieman630, I agree with everything you said. Been selling here since 2013 and this is the worst downturn that I have ever experienced. Sales have been steadily dropping with no end in sight since GTC was implemented.  Sales down 25% from last month and 66% down from a year ago. I'm now making less with a premium store then I used to make with a basic store. I refuse to pay for promoted listings as I believe that they are a HUGE part of the problem here. When too many people promote you get the "diminishing returns effect". This site has become "pay to play" with too much pay and too little play. I don't think this is going to end well for mom and pop businesses.

Message 5 of 246
latest reply

Well that is a major part of their business model. Cut out people like us and they're left with big retailers who are dependent on China. When we start cutting off more business with China it won't end well for ebay. We were what started ebay and if they cut us off we'll be what ends ebay. Management needs to stop the bleeding and start the healing in order for things to get better. When a company buying back their own stock turns into a bubble that bursts what are they left with? Right now the market is inflated because companies have been buying back their own stock. It's no longer based on true analysis. This is bad because it gives the appearance of a healthy economy whilst hiding the fact that business isn't so great. So instead of management running the company more effectively and trying to get us to earn more they get over confident and start clamping down on us more. In the end it will come back to bite their bottom line. It's not a good time to be in business for yourself. It SHOULD be. But it's not.
Message 6 of 246
latest reply

As a very small seller I find that my sales are remarkably consistent.  I do not use seller hub at all, but I do use the 60 day running totals of items sold and total $ amount sold found on the old My Ebay page to track sales.  Those numbers change little other than a seasonal drop of about 10% during the summer months.  On the other hand, I do not sell much that competes with the Chinese sellers. 

And having been in retail for decades, long before the Internet, I am used to the playing field shifting under my feet as my  major vendors adopted policies that favored the big boys over the smaller sellers like myself.  Welcome to the business world of capitalism where all roads lead to eventual monopolization by the bigger players in any one sector.  

Message 7 of 246
latest reply

Rallies Roots in You Tube had a VERY good video this morning about promoted listings after several phone calls with eBay and speaking with their "promoted listing team" - long story short they are cancelling all of their PL'S
Message 8 of 246
latest reply

Something very wrong on Ebay after GTC was implemented

Message 9 of 246
latest reply

Sounds weird,
Last time we heard about PL from the leadership of the company it was:

"“It’s been one of the most successful new products we’ve rolled out from a seller perspective ever. And they’re adopting it. And remember, it’s completely optional. Nobody has to use it. And they are flocking to it. And to me, it’s a way that you can, if you want, trade off some margin for some velocity. And there are many sellers that want to do that. So, we’re really happy with it"
Message 10 of 246
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

major vendors adopted policies that favored the big boys over the smaller sellers like myself.  Welcome to the business world of capitalism where all roads lead to eventual monopolization by the bigger players in any one sector.  

Totally agree, especially if a company is struggling to maintain profit margins during a downturn, I think that just accelerates the effect...contracts and agreements lock in stability and profits even if its a little lower per item rather than dealing with a million sellers. just redirect to one. monopolization 

Message 11 of 246
latest reply

After Yesterdays fiasco one has to wonder if their NEW MUAA Platform wasn't backdoored? There are still people who are using antiquated Operating Systems that are not supported with newer Security Systems in place, Maybe someone left the Back Door Open.

Just a Random Thought.unamused

Message 12 of 246
latest reply

Oh that does not look too good at all.

Message 13 of 246
latest reply

It does not help that Poshmark and Mercari are spending millions on TV  ADS that pop us every 10 minutes. LOL. EBAY’S advertising budget has apparently been cut severely.

Message 14 of 246
latest reply

Forecast is for another recession they say. Consumers are spending but businesses are cutting spending.

Message 15 of 246
latest reply