cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listings, what are your tactics to get it done?

Sales have been sorta, kinda OK but not compared to last year at this time Smiley Sad. As for the past, don't make me laugh. 

Anyway, lately I do not channel the sales into being fired up to list and sometimes I find days going by. Do you set yourself a quota most days, set aside certain days to list, or other tactic? I do get more listing done on the weekend. My husband today said "It's Friday! But that doesn't matter to you since you work 7 days a week, right?" Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Personally I'm on no listing time limit. I just list when I feel like it. As I do it for relaxation NOT serious business. I mostly list according to amount of money the item will most likely sell for. I know my items very well and know close to that amount , but not always. So I might list just 8 items per month or 88 items if I need/want to. If I'm happy with the amount I make I'm good for awhile !! People that make a living selling I can't speak for. But for me it's nothing more than a hobby !! I guess it depends on how serious you are as a seller !! Sounds like you are going thru a burn out phase and just can't get yourself motivated to get after it again !! I think everyone goes thru a burn out/tired time as it can be a very time consuming commitment !! Take Care and Good Luck to You

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

Sales have been sorta, kinda OK but not compared to last year at this time Smiley Sad. As for the past, don't make me laugh. 

Anyway, lately I do not channel the sales into being fired up to list and sometimes I find days going by. Do you set yourself a quota most days, set aside certain days to list, or other tactic? I do get more listing done on the weekend. My husband today said "It's Friday! But that doesn't matter to you since you work 7 days a week, right?" Smiley Indifferent

For me photos are a real chore… so when the “mood” hits I can spend hours taking a few hundred pics.

Then create the listings and schedule them, a few at a time over several days.

Tuesday was a binge photo / list day... 1 of those items sold on Thursday and 1 item, that has been relisted many times sold today.

I have an ebay friend that has a “system” which involved a timer and regimen…not my cuppatea!!

As for husband…I do not work weekends…that is our time together to hunt for more ebay stuff.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

For me, sales are my energy and motivation boosters, no sales means no new listings.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I have a daily quota list around 15 to 20 new listings a day. It brings the sales. But Sundays is time out! When I list all distractions are turned off.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ah motivation versus procrastination. I found a book to help with procrastination, The Dummy's guide to breaking bad habits, I think its the 3rd chapter that's on procrasination. That was.. 5 years ago. I haven't read it yet. 

And the above is actually true. sigh.

If I have good sales... "man, I'm too busy to list more!"

If I have rotten sales.. "Man, why list, it isn't going to sell anyway."

I have to set a goal. I sell things as GTC, each listing is variety due to colors available. I have a good 15 to do... am going to try to aim to do 2 per week.  

I'll let you know this summer if that works. Sigh... 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

I have 3 left of my monthly 50, so it shouldn't be too bad. Weekends are for relaxing for me.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

For me, eBay is my source of "fun money" rather than my actual job, so listings happen when my actual job isn't running me ragged.  I find that photos are the biggest hurdle-- once I've got the photos done, it only takes me a couple of minutes to write up a listing.  I try to just sit down and get a whole boatload of photos done at one time so I can then list at my leisure later.  Most of my listing happens when I'm logged into Final Fantasy XIV waiting either on a dungeon queue or for friends to log in so that we can do something together, so for me the actual listing process itself is a way of killing time while I'm waiting on something else.  It's just the photo part that slows me down the most.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

LOL, I got nuthin’. Please share when you figure it out. 😂😂😂

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

Good question !  I list nearly every day  so probably 5 days out of 7  I'm listing stuff . However over time I've realized the most important reason  employers give their employees  days  off , and its burn out .  It's not healthy for the mind , body or soul  to do the same thing  every day . So when you're self employed  you should try to be the best employer as you are an employee  and  give yourself a break . You'll know when you need it  and then you can return to work  with a freshened  perspective and even new better  ideas . Tulips 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

I have a daily quota list around 15 to 20 new listings a day. It brings the sales. But Sundays is time out! When I list all distractions are turned off.

I probably should give myself a quota too. For some reason the books I haven't listed yet aren't selling. 

When it comes to the "not enough time" excuse I have called myself on that because I now spend the first hour of my day working out.  Soon it will be Spring and I'll have a lot to do in my gardens so that will be another chunk of time I'll need to find in my day. Time to improve efficiency I guess.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply