cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6 REPLIES 6

Stamps.com

Very interesting.  Thank you for sharing.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Stamps.com

Interesting stuff! That's a really ugly stock chart (although I though it was overvalued for a long time).

I've been using Stamps for many years, service has always been excellent.

I was not aware of their exclusive deal with USPS but clearly with the competition in that sector heating up and other postage providers (eg: ShipStation) expanding to additional carriers Stamps needed to get on the ball as well.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Stamps.com

I've used Stamps.com for years too.

Man, wouldn't it be awesome if Stamps.com is able to get the same shipping deals as Amazon FBA gets with UPS.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Stamps.com

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Man, wouldn't it be awesome if Stamps.com is able to get the same shipping deals as Amazon FBA gets with UPS.

The biggest impact might be for International shipping, there are many much cheaper options for International shipping compared to USPS.

I would think that Stamps have been bleeding customers to the vendors who offer UPS, FedEx as well as USPS plus a whole bunch of International options.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Stamps.com

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

They can't.  Amazon FBA gets a better rate because they are shipping from one location.  It is like rates Target, Walmart, Sears, etc. get.  It is by warehouse.  Lots and lots of stuff ship out from ONE location.

The same is not true for the other sellers on Amazon that do not use FBA, Ebay, Etsy, stamps.com, etc.  The items ship from all over the place, so the same discounts can not be applied.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Stamps.com

@slippinjimmy wrote:

I was not aware of their exclusive deal with USPS but clearly with the competition in that sector heating up and other postage providers (eg: ShipStation) expanding to additional carriers Stamps needed to get on the ball as well.

ShipStation is under the Stamps.com umbrella, as is Endicia, ShipWorks, ShippingEasy and MetaPack

For the immediate future the only impact will be a small number of Stamps.com and Endicia high volume customers who qualify for USPS Negotiated Service Agreements (NSA). Stamps/Endicia will be adding a surcharge for those customers.

Link to earnings call

Message 7 of 7
latest reply