cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing problems

i cant list any of products.... not even with the starter package...i have like 100 listings..but i cant use them.

And ebay gave me like 200 more but i was only able to list 8 products..i have  1 unpaid item and i'm trying to cancel it because the dont want to pay for it or didn't pay for it yet....I NEED HELP..PLEASEEE!

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

listing problems

@usedelectronics4 

If you are a new seller, the problem is that you are hitting your sales limit - which is figured in listing amount not actual sales.

Ebay forces new sellers to start slowly so they learn the ropes.

Case in point - you can’t cancel a sale because buyer hasn’t paid. You aren’t doing your research.

You file an unpaid dispute, which frees up the item in a few days if they don’t pay. If they do pay, you ship.

Regardless, even if the buyer never pays, that failed transaction counts against your monthly allotment 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

@usedelectronics4 

As a new seller, you have listing and selling limits a month.

Having a starter store and extra free listings doesn't affect your personal limits.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

Hmmm...it's frustrating for me because i can't sell nothing..i tried opening a new account and i have the same problem but worse..it says that i have 50 free listings but when i tried listing a product..it says "you have reached your limits"
..it's so funny because i haven't even list 1 item.
What should I do next to fix this issue??
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

When you say you have 100 listings, but can’t use them, are you saying you have 100 listing drafts completely prepared to list from a third-party listing site, or do you mean your eBay listing limit is 100 items per month? Just need a little more information to better help you.

Like the other poster said, i would also guess that you are up against new seller listing limits. It doesn't matter if you opened a store that gives you a few hundred free listings every month. You cannot use those free listings until your probationary period is up.

Most new sellers have selling limits: usually 10 items or $500 per month to start off with. This will last about 3 months. Once you have proven yourself on eBay, they will raise those limits. You need to establish a trend of successful sales first. Below are some links that might help to edify these processes.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/selling-limits?id=4107

https://www.ebay.com/help/listings/creating-managing-listings/creating-listing?id=4105

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/listing-best-practices.html

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

@coolboeno_0 Wrote:

“Hmmm...it's frustrating for me because i can't sell nothing..i tried opening a new account and i have the same problem but worse..it says that i have 50 free listings but when i tried listing a product..it says "you have reached your limits"
..it's so funny because i haven't even list 1 item.
What should I do next to fix this issue??”

You cannot open another account to get around the new seller listing limits. You could inadvertently hurt your account by breaking rules you haven't even learned about yet, so tread carefully.

To solve your listing dilemma, you may need to talk to eBay customer service. They can be reached by email thru the Help & Contact link on most eBay pages, or you can use social media and go to eBay’s Twitter or Facebook. 

Good luck in your new eBay endeavor!

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

No, they're not draft listings..i have the starter subscription plan. And they gave me 100 listing for this month may.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

@coolboeno_0 

You aren’t listening.

You have a 10 item or $500/month limit for 3 months or so as a new seller.

It does not matter that you bought a store subscription.

And you can’t get around the limit by opening more IDs.

And you can’t cancel your unpaid transaction - you need to file an unpaid dispute.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

You can cancel an item for non-payment. It’s an option or bc the buyer changed their mind and it doesn’t count against you. I hope you get the issue resolved. Rose is an unfriendly and unhelpful person who likes to spread misinformation and hate. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

Thank you permasparks..and also those who responded..It was helpful!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

And you can’t cancel your unpaid transaction - you need to file an unpaid dispute.

@this*old*attic 

why do you say that?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

@permasparks 

How long have you been a seller, you say?

You may not cancel a transaction for non payment. You file an unpaid dispute, which closes the transaction and frees the item for relisting if the buyer does not pay.

There are only 3 or 4 listed reasons to supply when cancelling a sale. All of them create a demerit for the seller except “at buyer’s request” and “problem with buyer’s address.”

”They didn’t pay me” isn’t even on the list.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

@dhbookds 

Because the “pick a reason” list for cancelling a transaction is short and “didn’t pay” isn’t on it.

D2555308-1DA0-4C9F-9A62-B6320DE09DC9.jpeg

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

Ok, I see.......different interpretations of what op is saying:

"the dont want to pay for it"............I take as a buyer wanting to cancel......you don't see it that way.....thanks for explanation......

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

listing problems

np

Message 15 of 15
latest reply