cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E BAY'S STOCK DROPPED ALMOST $ 7 SINCE 11, JUNE 2018

I have no doubt that all the unessary changes and un fair expectations on its sellers is causing the stock price drop.  The arrow keeps pointing down. It will contiue until e bay backs off. On not showing sellers performance on thier listing's. Un less they offer a free return. If e bay is so right then they should offer same return postage to its buyer's. If I mail with Reg. A / Reg. B / Padded Envelope/ Leagle Flat Rate. Then the buyer sould be offered same lables to return. Tier is no way I am going to offer a free return that will cost me more than whole purcase for Priorty mail lables E bay provides for return. Get on the ball e bay.  Or I predict you will contiue to see drop's in your stock/ Almost $ 7 a share is a lot in a little  over a month since the June updates. $ 6.93 to be exact is the stock drop from 11, June to 24, July. Man that is a shame. This site is falling because of poor management. 

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lovett,

It doesn't matter what business it is anymore...if a business focus is solely on stock holders and management most of us will be pulling our preverbial hair out when dealing with them.

It's rampant across the internet and ebay has no corner on the failings.

The main difference of this venue is they own nothing yet promote themselves as if it is them selling.  This attitude and approach will have someone in every crowd ticked off.

I have always wondered how many of the stock holders and the management buy here...most likely a very low number, otherwise I think it would be run differently.

Numbers, numbers, numbers....especially those that lead to wealth have become an addiction to many right down to the buyer AND the seller. The Mom and Pop shops used to fill a middle ground of balance but now that they are going by the wayside there is little to hold the bigs boy back other than their stockholders jumping ship.

Mr C

View Best Answer in original post

Message 29 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Many buyers don't think TRS means anything because of bad experiences.  In fact, some say they actively avoid TRS sellers.

If you no longer have it, most probably your sales will not be affected.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Well if the buyer avoids someting that was hard worked for then they are the stupid ones. And it is clear that my sales have been affected by e bay not showing the ratings I worked hard for. What other reason? Because I mail fast have a low return rate. no negs etc. A buyer will not buy from me is so not right. I am sorry but I do not agree. 

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

E bay dose not give the TRS for the fun of it it is hard earned. 

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

Well if the buyer avoids someting that was hard worked for then they are the stupid ones. And it is clear that my sales have been affected by e bay not showing the ratings I worked hard for. What other reason? Because I mail fast have a low return rate. no negs etc. A buyer will not buy from me is so not right. I am sorry but I do not agree. 

I see and understand your feelings but sadly they are not the stupid ones.   There's an old saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

There is an extremely high rate of true SNADs occuring and this has been noted by sellers themselves.  Many sellers just fly the returns banner with no intention of ever taking a return, for increased visibility and to give a false sense of security to a buyer.

Buyers made this decision because they were tired of being treated with strings of hostile, abusive, accusatory, insulting, and profanity laced messages over  a period of several days that are meant to intimidate the buyer into abandoning the return (when they accept returns and even if they don't in the case of a legitimate SNAD).  They were tired of true SNADs and a protracted battle.  Sellers may have won the battle but lost the war as those buyers may not buy after that.  I will agree it is not fair to you, but some TRS have spoiled it for those who truly deserve the designation.  It's not something that may be detected in feedback because many of these sellers just call Ebay and have negative feedback removed, so that is why it is easier for some simply to avoid them.  

It is what it is.  

Message 5 of 47
latest reply

@lovett-1000 wrote:

I have no doubt that all the unessary changes and un fair expectations on its sellers is causing the stock price drop.  The arrow keeps pointing down. It will contiue until e bay backs off. On not showing sellers performance on thier listing's. Un less they offer a free return. If e bay is so right then they should offer same return postage to its buyer's. If I mail with Reg. A / Reg. B / Padded Envelope/ Leagle Flat Rate. Then the buyer sould be offered same lables to return. Tier is no way I am going to offer a free return that will cost me more than whole purcase for Priorty mail lables E bay provides for return. Get on the ball e bay.  Or I predict you will contiue to see drop's in your stock/ Almost $ 7 a share is a lot in a little  over a month since the June updates. $ 6.93 to be exact is the stock drop from 11, June to 24, July. Man that is a shame. This site is falling because of poor management. 

The ebay stock is up actually, it just depends on how you look at it.  This cyclical drop started March 2018. Even then, in 2018 the price is higher than it's been in ebay's history. I don't think any long term stockholders are unhappy.

Price was 60 cents a share in 1998

eb2.JPG

eb.JPG

Message 6 of 47
latest reply

Castle 

Not really sure where you are getting your info from.  Most of the complaints have been from sellers and the abuse of SNADs from buyers.  You are just trying to bash sellers like you always do.  

Tired of hearing this.  Look at complaints from buyers, then from sellers.  Tell me which is higher.

Now as I will always say, Not every side is perfect.  Most of the sellers you are talking about are the Chinese sellers who do not service or care about their customers......ONLY SALES....... and thats Ebays fault for allowing the metrics to be measured as so.

Rich 

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

1.)  Stock prices are irrelevant in a fake economy such as the one in the USA.  They are inflated. 

2.) eBay is fading into the sunset and everyone knows it.  Ask your friends where they go to buy. 

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

The stock market is literally fake.  Every stock is up nutso amounts since 2008.  The fix is in - be ready for the massive collapse soon. 

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

A bad seller can be as rude as a good one. You say buyer are avoiding seller that have few or no defects and are TRS. What are the looking for sellers that  have bad ratings. It is stupid. In order to get TRS on your listing's you must offer free returns and meet very hard standards. Why in in the world would a buyer avoid that. It is no faulse of security to offer a buyer free return mailing. And the seller takes the chance of what they will get back. E bay put the payment on hold in the Pay Pal acc. and refunds when it is delivered back to seller. How is that turning buyer away. I think some look for the TRS badge to rip sellers off.  Not avoid them. The seller dose not win nothing but a hassle. And you can be assured getting a neg. removed is like a act of Congress. 

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

My facts are correct. E bays has lost $ 6.93 in stock price since 11, June. They may be up from the start. But when you start at 0 thier is no way but up. I could say the stock is up $ 10 + from 2014. But what comparisum is that to a $ 7 drop in a little over a month. 

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

Ahh, it'll take a little time, might take a little crime to come undone.  

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

Part of the reason ebay's stock is down sharply the past month is because in late June congress passed a law that internet companies will have to start collecting sales tax.

Their stock has been underperforming in the market though.  The number of bad unprofitable decisions they make is astounding.  The Seller Hub redesign was a waste of money and I'm sure a bad UI like that isn't good for keeping sellers around.  They've increased up seller's costs and driven a lot of good sellers away, now EBay's selection sucks and their pricing sucks compared to Amazon.  I used to buy on EBay regularly but every time I try to I just find bad selection and high prices.

Did Free Returns increase sales?  Nope, sales in the ebay market is down compared to last year, at least in my category.  Free Returns was bunch of hub-ub, increased costs for sellers, even higher prices for buyers, and worse selection for buyers.  All in exchange for a non-increase in sales.

The product catalogue isn't going to increase sales either, ebay needs lower prices and better selection, and the only way to do that is to reduce costs for sellers.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

@caninekopz wrote:

Castle 

Not really sure where you are getting your info from.  Most of the complaints have been from sellers and the abuse of SNADs from buyers.  You are just trying to bash sellers like you always do.  

Tired of hearing this.  Look at complaints from buyers, then from sellers.  Tell me which is higher.

Now as I will always say, Not every side is perfect.  Most of the sellers you are talking about are the Chinese sellers who do not service or care about their customers......ONLY SALES....... and thats Ebays fault for allowing the metrics to be measured as so.

Rich 

Rich, my info is from personal experience and I have been buying here for almost two decades.  I'm not trying to bash sellers, but I am trying to let sellers know what is going on~many feel there is no such thing as a legitmate SNAD and that every buyer is a scammer~ and what buyers are saying and feeling~and my info is from this Board and other threads, and posts, some by SELLERS, who admit to the extremely high rate of SNADs that is occurring IN THEIR OWN PURCHASES.  So there are sellers who see this and accept it, but of course it is your perogative to believe otherwise.  This is NOT just my opinion, there is ample documentation to prove that this IS occurring.  Some of these sellers were TRS sellers.  I have seen several posts where buyers state they don't think TRS means anything due to bad experiences; some have said they actively avoid them because of bad experiences~the likelihood of a true SNAD and abusive behavior afterwards.  Believe me, I wish it were not true~there is nothing quite like getting cursed out as part of those abusive messages.  

If you spend any time of the Buying Board, you will know that this is a serious issue there.  To illustrate, here is just one current thread on the  Buying Board right now.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Is-it-JUST-me-2018-WORST-year-for-buying-YET/m-p/287556...

Here is a thread by well known Board regulars, mostly SELLERS, who detail the high incidence of true SNADS and the hostile, abusive customer service that ensued.  Many of these sellers have been on Ebay since its' inception, and that loyalty was severely strained and in some cases, broken by these experiences.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/I-m-beginning-to-see-what-buyers-contend-with/m-p/2785...

It's interesting to note that NONE of these sellers were Chinese sellers.  Not in my experiences or those posting to these threads.  Once in a blue moon, I buy from China.  Generally I do not.  Interestingly those few experiences were problem free.  I am not saying that buying from China is problem free.  If you spend any time on the Buying Board, you know that buying from China is very problematic for many different reasons, but you cannot simply say, (well, you can, but it is not true) that China sellers account for all of these issues all on their own.  The facts do not bear that out.  

I am not and have never said that there are not false SNADs being filed by buyers.  Just that neither side is without stain, if you will.  So in that respect, we do agree.

Which is higher?  Well, sales are down.  Sellers who treated buyers to strings of abusive and hostile messages designed to intimidate the buyer into abandoning a legitimate return may have lost those buyers for good.  Buyers don't typcially come to the any Board to complain.  They may just leave.  Check out the activity level for the Selling Board vs the Buying Board and this is evident.

So it appears that many don't want to accept that this is what buyers may be going through but that does not make it false.  That is your right, Rich, to believe whatever you choose to.  I'm not bashing anyone~just telling something that may be an inconvenient truth.  I'm sorry if it appeared to be bashing to you; that is not my intention.  Just the facts.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

Its horrible to see the hugemanatee some buyer suffered 8 months ago. Thats the plus about being here the seller hugemanatee surfaces just about every hour just like old faithful...

Message 15 of 47
latest reply